Lodge of Sorceresses is Growing towards PvE Endgame!!!

We are recruiting active players, enthusiastic about PvE content in ESO, to grow towards the Endgame (progressive veteran Trials, currently running 2 Cores, 2 more being planned) through what we call "Midgame" content (veteran DLC Dungeons & vArenas). To achieve our goal, we organize events everyday: 12-man content at 8:30pm CET (German time). We do Midgame content in a daily basis.

Who can join?

• We accept CP 300+ players, for long-term camaraderie. Candidates need to be able to attend our events at least 3 times a week (Mid-/End-game). Raids start at 8:15pm CET (events last 2-2.5 hrs max)...
  • We only are looking forward to players who can play the game 4-5 evenings a week in general, with future Endgame prospect in mind... No logging in from raid to raid. We believe "you learn the game by playing it!".

What We Provide?

• Constant training and growth to help you become a killing machine (or a healing lifespring) as we progress together...
  • Fun environment to do PvE - absolutely zero elitism, patience and tolerance towards new/unskilled players and such...
  • Discord - where we socialize, which is our primary guild chat...
  • Premium Website - where we organize our events, socialize further. Featuring event reviews written by our members. Colorful Event gallery... 
  • Custom Planner - where we plan to organize even better (coming very soon!)
  • Guild Housing - where you can find Crafting Stations, Transmutation Station, Mundus Stones and ever growing cool decoration for your seeing pleasure...
  • Youtube Channel - where we stream almost all events we do as a guild...

Who Shouldn't Join?

• Whoever isn't sure about their availability and playtime. We really don't want to chase after people and remind them to sign up for events. So if unsure, please don't waste our time!!!

If you like what you read, please kindly signup on our website (make sure you complete your profile here 100%).

Sign in to follow this  
Guest HarunAlHaschisch

Worries about the future of TESO

Guest HarunAlHaschisch

Previously on Stargate the LOS-Forums

ive played a few mmo's...and your right... this game has good stories... it didnt feel like an mmo.. felt just like anyother ES game

This statement worries me :D We felt same way about SWTOR as well, and we know how that one ended...

I kinda thought this deserved its own topic so here goes:

As multiple reviews turned up these past weeks we could see that different reviewers had some pretty mixed feelings about the game.

One of their main points was (and that's why I quoted from another topic) the fact that serious effort went into fully voice acted quests with hopefully interesting tasks. In TESO most, if not all quests try to make you believe that ONLY YOU can save the galaxy Tamriel from certain doom. In some occasion you supposedly were the first one to meet a certain NPC in hundreds of years. The thing is, to your left and right there are a ton of other people doing the exact same thing.

Does this bother you guys? Because I don't really care(that much). I get the argument and for some it might be immersion breaking but I fear that this point and some others might prove to be gamebreaking sooner or later and we end up with another SWTOR that noone really wants.

Concerning this game I am very fogiving, mostly because I paid much money on it and will (very likely) continue to do so + it's The Elder Scrolls, but some people might not be that much of a fan to put up with some of the issues TESO has.

I didn't really play SWTOR very much, I think I made it to lvl 30 or so and by that time the servers were pretty deserted so I could basically play it like a singleplayer game. The issue I had with the game was the fact that they did try to make interesting quests that involved you but really besides the voice acting, I didn't really feel immersed at any time, at least not as much as I was in Oblivion, Skyrim, KOTOR, Dragon Age Origins(not 2, I hate DA2) and so on. The thing is, I am beginning to feel similar about this game, as far as quests go. Admittedly I kinda intend to get to the endgame and then start doing challenging stuff with other people, because that's why I play MMOs but I am only one.

Considering the fact that both SWTOR and TESO put much money in trying to turn an MMO into a reasonably good singleplayer experience could it be they put money in the wrong places, made some poor design decisions that will affect a lot of players because they didn't really understand what a good MMO was about?

In the end I guess my main questions are: Does the criticism people have for TESO bother you, does it influence you, do you think it's justified? Do you think it will fare better or worse then e.g. SWTOR and for what reasons? Do you even care about this stuff (the possibility of this game failing in the end and putting Bethesda and its games I so love in a bad spot, not to mention the impact it might have on the future of TESO)?

Yeah that's about it, sorry for the long post.

Guest Sepirothine

you mention about the problems TESO has.. and ive read a lot in zone about people complaining about the problems.. ... yes it has its problems, but its still fresh out of the box... plus its ZOS first game, so i can put up with the problems and i wish others would too.

The thing is, to your left and right there are a ton of other people doing the exact same thing.
Does this bother you guys?

its a mmo... no.

I think its way to early to start worrying about the future of the game, you have no idea what future content is coming, no idea whats going to be put in those empty map areas. i mean WoW went on for what... 7+ years, and to be honest IMHO... wow was terrible

Edited by Sepirothine

Guest Meladriel

For me, fusing a well-loved and successful RPG like Elder Scrolls with the MMO format was always going to end in compromise. As a result, you are going to get ES and MMO diehards on either side complaining. Personally, I really like how the game has turned out. It feels enough like ES but has some added fun elements. I like the fact I can join in with random people at an anchor or public dungeon. I like how if I'm struggling on a quest, I can loosely group (i.e. not through the group function but just by joining in to fight off mobs) to get some assistance. I'm sure I'll also really enjoy the group quests when I get chance to take part. Playing ESO has forced me out of my single player comfort zone and enabled me to feel part of something bigger. I don't have many friends who game so much of my gaming is solo, which is a shame. ESO allows you to be as social as you want to be and group casually and formally to progress in the game. For me, that's great.

Sure, the game has some issues to iron out. I don't especially like how chat looks and works as you don't know who's speaking around you, it's hard to read the text and therefore to take part when you are playing. Hopefully, that will get ironed out though over time. I'm also enjoying trying out the addons as they often compensate for some of the deficiencies in the game. I'm fairly relaxed though about the whole thing. The game will evolve over time and I'm sure they are taking on board feedback and there will be improvements. For now, I'm just taking it slowly and enjoying myself :-).

I don't think the comparison to SWTOR holds up very well to be honest.

SWTOR was an amazing and engaging singleplayer game.

HOWEVER!

Endgame was shit.

PVP was shit.

PVE was shit.

The craft system was shit.

The whole MMO aspect felt non-existent.

Now to compare that to ESO:

I'm at the veteran levels with my main right now, and I've found endgame amazing so far.

PVP is the best I've seen in any game, ever.

PVE is at the very least decent.

The craft system is amazing.

It actually feels like an MMO.

Admittedly, the one game reviewer whose opinion is worth a damn to me, went on and gave the beta a really bad review. (Link here if you're interested.) Haven't seen one for the post-release game yet, but in any case, I would respectfully disagree. :)

Guest HarunAlHaschisch

Well, I guess most of those reviewers complain on a very high level.

Admittedly, the one game reviewer whose opinion is worth a damn to me, went on and gave the beta a really bad review. (Link here if you're interested.) Haven't seen one for the post-release game yet, but in any case, I would respectfully disagree. :)

This guy brings up some good points. While I am sceptic about his main argument that the game is boring because of no world PvP I do admit to feeling a little bored by the game from time to time. His point of view is pretty specific. I know a bunch of people who play WoW on PVE servers. The thing with WoW is, bossfights/instances/raids are(or were) at times freaking hard. You had to know what the boss does, you had to positition yourself, look out for certain effects and ablities and so on or a group of 25 might wipe.

I guess my question is: Are you satisfied so far? (Why is it the most precise way to put my question always occurs to me only after some huge post I made while I should have been sleeping...)

Will endgame content prove to be challenging skillwise? Will endgame content force you to group up and cooperate in a challenging way?

Because the way up to this point(I'm kinda stuck in the 20s levels) has been not so very challenging at all. I admittedly had luck with the group dungeons I went to because I got a capable group but I hear others were not as lucky. So far, this one PvP event we did was the most fun thing I did in the entire game.

Well, I guess most of those reviewers complain on a very high level.

This guy brings up some good points. While I am sceptic about his main argument that the game is boring because of no world PvP I do admit to feeling a little bored by the game from time to time. His point of view is pretty specific. I know a bunch of people who play WoW on PVE servers. The thing with WoW is, bossfights/instances/raids are(or were) at times freaking hard. You had to know what the boss does, you had to positition yourself, look out for certain effects and ablities and so on or a group of 25 might wipe.

I guess my question is: Are you satisfied so far? (Why is it the most precise way to put my question always occurs to me only after some huge post I made while I should have been sleeping...)

Will endgame content prove to be challenging skillwise? Will endgame content force you to group up and cooperate in a challenging way?

Because the way up to this point(I'm kinda stuck in the 20s levels) has been not so very challenging at all. I admittedly had luck with the group dungeons I went to because I got a capable group but I hear others were not as lucky. So far, this one PvP event we did was the most fun thing I did in the entire game.

To answer your question, I am definitely satisfied so far. I'm more addicted to this game than I ever was to WoW. (Though I could do without the game constantly crashing when I PVP. :waaa: )

But that could just be personal taste. Especially since I don't care for PVE much either way. The gear you get is useless unless you use it for more PVE, and since I care more about ganking other players than random pixels on the screen... well, yeah, I think you get where I am coming from! :bud:

Oh and I'll gladly take the "nab" and "L2P" but I have actually found PVE in this game somewhat challenging. Much, much more so than WoW for instance. So I don't get the people who say it's "too easy". My one complaint is that they've made some world bosses "hard" just by upping their HP to a stupid level, and I have to whack away at them with my sword for a million years while they do no damage to me at all... In those instances I'd rather have it the other way around; hard-hitting but a little more squishy.

have ya tried enchanting :/

...well! I'll grant you that. Enchanting takes a lot of grinding for mats, and I couldn't really be bothered with that as I burned through content. When I said crafting though, I meant for armour and weapons, so your character can look pretty. :P

Guest Sal Van'is

Does the criticism people have for TESO bother you, does it influence you, do you think it's justified? Do you think it will fare better or worse then e.g. SWTOR and for what reasons? Do you even care about this stuff (the possibility of this game failing in the end and putting Bethesda and its games I so love in a bad spot, not to mention the impact it might have on the future of TESO)?

I don't usually bother with reviews or youtube, I think that is a generational thing and perhaps if I was 20 years younger I would look there first before buying. I use media and the internet to find out what is out there but when the so called reporters start telling me their opinions I turn it off. I make my own opinions and if they coincide with some guy on the internet fine, if not  well that is fine too. I think that some of the criticism is justified, I was in the beta, I had access to the PTS and many of the problems that made it into release were known in Beta. To fix them all they would have had to push the release date back and no one wants that. I haven't found anything that is game breaking but many people use this phrase incorrectly imo.

I don't really know what ZoS is expecting as a return on investment. I think Bethesda is ready to bankroll a loss if need be because from all the gaming companies out there I feel they are the house with the most gamer heart left. If that makes any sense. A lot of people bitched about Skyrim and with the time that game got better and better. I feel positive that ZoS and Bethesda are going to do everything they possibly can to not lose that street credibility they have with us gamers. I am so confidante that this game is only going to get better (and really this is a matter of taste others might find it gets worse because they expected other things) that I have signed up for the 6 month sub plan. If I could I would buy a lifetime sub for 200€ Hell I played WoW almost every other night for 6 years, I do not want to add up what that cost. :D

But you have to take this all with a grain of salt, this is only opinion based on conjecture and a gut feeling YMMV.

Reminds me of Gladiator "Are you not entertained?!" I am very satisfied and I feel good about the future of ESO but I play this game almost like I played Skyrim and am still only level 28 or so. I take it slow and listen to all the quest text. The difficulty level is just right, the exploration feels rewarding, I love the crafting. Hell I have a pet (horse) that I can develop into a walking wardrobe ;D  I did play SWTOR to max level as a Sith Sorc Healer with a pocket tank. I enjoyed the journey but playing at release until it went F2P just didn't do it for me like WoW did all those years. Perhaps due to Space and laser beams? 

Guest neaNicu

I'll be very short.

I love this game.

My main worry about ESO is that the content would end too soon. We started 1 month ago and I'm already veteran 3 (so middle of second faction territory). I did not rush things but stayed in each territory until all quests, shards, bosses, anchors  and so on (except lore books) were done. I even get "Pact hero" achievement.

In another month I'll be veteran 10, then what?

OK, I could probably occupy myself with some crafting or pvp or ocasional dungeon like the one they announced recently (adventure zone)  but basically the game would be ended.

Is this common to MMOs, to be able to level to maximum so fast?

I guess it woud take time for them to fill in empty zones with new quests.

This is my only worry :)

Serana, content from story point of view WILL end very quick. After that, real gaming will kick in: what we call end-game. Raids requiring gaming skills, definitely not soft-core skills for that matter. I'd rather be worried about my skills when that time comes, so I recommend preparing your abilities in gear and skills as better as you can.

Guest PduJ

To be honest, unless they vastly invest in PvE endgame right now, I think they will be left with a lot of casual players and PvPers.

PvP is simply quite amazing, needs proper balancing, but amazing potential.

However if the only thing they will throw at us are 4-player dungeons and 12-man Trials, the 'hardcore' PvE end will depart for other games, which is fine.

If they make this too easy, us kind of player 'semi-hardcore' will depart as well due to lack of longevity.

So the only solution they have is to make Trials near impossible (very hard to do with only 4 bosses, but thrash might actually play a role this time)

On that end, I am verry happy I don't have the time I used to as a kid in WoW, otherwise I'd be burnt out easily. Love the single-player experience though, best in a MMO to date!

I will not speak too soon though, very curious to see what ZOS will throw at us

Cheers,

Perry

Guest neaNicu

yeah, Gelmir, I still remember (so I'm not too old?) you writing 1 full page to explain me that in MMOs the game will start when I thought it would end :)

That's probably the reason which convinced me to stay here (I said "omg how lucky I am to have such a leader spending a lot of time to explain me instead of saying go away noob") :)

But I still cannot image myself doing same Craglorn evening after evening.

Anyway, I hope you're right and I'll like it because I really want to play for many more months.

yeah, Gelmir, I still remember (so I'm not too old?) you writing 1 full page to explain me that in MMOs the game will start when I thought it would end :)

That's probably the reason which convinced me to stay here (I said "omg how lucky I am to have such a leader spending a lot of time to explain me instead of saying go away noob") :)

But I still cannot image myself doing same Craglorn evening after evening.

Anyway, I hope you're right and I'll like it because I really want to play for many more months.

Hahahaha, "doing same Craglorn evening after evening"?! :D I feel like noob now. If you manage finishing raids and beating all those bosses, you are THE MAN!

Think from MMO-developers' perspective: how would their product prevail if all the content was wasted within coupla months?! That would be an awful business model, wouldn't it?

Updates will come Serana, with new areas, new dungeons etc. because else people will get bored of doing the same thing every evening :)

Guest HarunAlHaschisch

Updates will come Serana, with new areas, new dungeons etc. because else people will get bored of doing the same thing every evening :)

I actually look forward to new areas, especialls Elsweyr if it comes. Do you think the main island of the Summerset Isles will get into the game?

Oh and I'll gladly take the "nab" and "L2P" but I have actually found PVE in this game somewhat challenging. Much, much more so than WoW for instance. So I don't get the people who say it's "too easy".

What did you find challenging and why? From a game mechanics point I found mobs not very complicated. As a mage I either own them with some spell combo or get owned because there are too many at ones and/or too high level for me. I got some useful advice about the group dungeon bosses from one guy who had experience with them, so that helped.

What did you find challenging and why? From a game mechanics point I found mobs not very complicated. As a mage I either own them with some spell combo or get owned because there are too many at ones and/or too high level for me. I got some useful advice about the group dungeon bosses from one guy who had experience with them, so that helped.

Well to start off I'm a heavy armour / melee build, and as I compared it to WoW... on there, as a Paladin or Warrior, I was used to being able to charge into entire clusters of mobs and take them out with AoE crap, or take 'em individually.

In ESO, if I fight more than one mob at once, I'm pretty much fucked. Especially now at Veteran Levels. And despite being in heavy armour, my health drops like a canary in a coal mine no matter what I fight. I also do next to no damage unless I use my Ultimate, despite having a freaking two-hand weapon equipped, and I guess that's the one thing that really nags me. Call me impatient, but I think it's weird that I kill other people in PVP waaayyyyy quicker than I kill a freaking pair of Hoarvors in Coldharbour (I died on them the first time because I was out of stamina, lol)

But as I said, it's probably a case of the Noobz, and I'm still infected. But I honestly have not died this much in any MMO before.

Guest neaNicu

that's (probably) because your (as well as mine) damage is not AOE but limited to one opponent.

I also use heavy armor (mixed up lately with medium armor to level it for DPS purposes) and 2 handed weapon.

I also have some armor bonuses because of race (Nord = 300 armor) + a necklace = 202 armor. Result -> armor is overcharged even with medium armor.

I usually don't have any issues at all in 1 vs 1 fights regardless of boss' power but found more difficult the fights against 3 or 4+ opponents.

I usually open the fight with "Momentum", then "Molten Weapons" to improve damage, then "Fiery Reach" to drag one of the opponents to me and then I focus at that opponent until he's dead (and ignore the rest of them).

That's because I have to quickly reduce their numbers in order to limit future damage.

Then focus on next opponent and so on.

Uppercut is the essential skill here for doing heavily damage and also stun / knock back.

For survival -> Dragon Blood (I could never play without this skill).

If everything else fails -> Magma Armor as ultimate (almost invulnerable for a good period of time + damage).

Cheers. I am planning on doing a respec, so I'll be adding Molten Weapons to my second hotbar and try to combine it with Momentum.

I use Uppercut and Dragon Blood already (both are awesome!), but since I mainly PVP (and since there are so many mobs affected by it) I also keep one of my hotbar slots reserved for Silver Bolts.

As my Ultimate I use Soul Strike. Crazy damage, and you look like a badass using it.

That leaves me with two remaining hotbar slots. I guess I'm kinda wasting them right now... one is the two-handed charge ability (i forget the name), and the other is the two-handed AOE slash.

Hmm... I might try Dark Talons as a CC, and that leaves me with Momentum for the final slot. Hopefully that should do the trick!

Guest neaNicu

I'm already heavily off-topic and our strict admin could ban me any moment :P so I'll try to be short.

The build mentioned in previous post works quite ok for solo play because it includes dps (damage), some tank elements (heavy armor + magma armor) and also self-healing but I'm not sure it's best available, maybe it could be improved. I found it on internet. Also, since it's focused on solo questing, it's clearly not best for pvp or group dungeons where specialization is key (so probably self-healing and heavy armor should be replaced by medium armor and other damage-dealing spells/skills).

About respec...are you sure? I'm still at veteran 4 (so far away from completing game) and I already have about 20 skill points not used. It's true that I only leveled 1 profession out of 6 but really...there are so many shards out there + skill points received as quest rewards so I really don't think it's necessary to respect, as long as you keep same weapon (2 handed).

Edited by neaNicu

Fair enough, let's steer this back on topic. :P Thanks for the advice though, and you're right about the skyshards. I'll give it some more thought!

Back on topic:

Endgame has been mentioned, and expecations about new content in the future. But, remember that you can always create your own, endless supply of content whenever you wish! RP is your friend. ;)

Guest neaNicu

yeap. you are right. It's a shame I'm so busy questing/exploring/levelling that I don't RP.

Serana would fit quite nice in Lodge's RP (sorceress/necromancer but also, or more important, well-known vampire).

I'll think about it after VR10 :)

Guest HarunAlHaschisch

I think the fact that you can so freely build your character is one of the strongest points of this game for those not totally into The Elder Scrolls in general, helping the game to not get repetitive even when you build two characters with the same class, for teh lulz.

Also I think, as you guys mentioned the classes are not what you'd expect from other games. IMO AoE-skills in general are not actually that strong. A mage in other games AoE-kites a bunch of mobs sooner or later. From what I hear from you guys from early to end game single target damage is the way of doing stuff :o I wonder why that is.

What do you think of the AoE-PvP restriction? That AoEs only hit 6 people at tops? Many complains out there, maybe they'll change it back. Would post article about it but I gotta go, cya later folks.

You have to RP Serana, you already have your char nailed good :D

I am sorry we never got that story running, it was just so sad with the factions :/ isn't there some way around it? Or are you zoned in your own areas outside Cyrodiil?

Guest neaNicu

Nope :(

I will arrive to Altmeri zone probably in the weekend but...I only see Ebonheart veterans arround me. I cannot see people from other factions.

Yep, you don't enter the same zone instance of cross-faction, as the players of that faction do. Which is logical, since those instances are balanced differently - both quests and creatures wise.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.