Lodge of Sorceresses is Growing towards PvE Endgame!!!

We are recruiting active players, enthusiastic about PvE content in ESO, to grow towards the Endgame (progressive veteran Trials, currently running 2 Cores, 2 more being planned) through what we call "Midgame" content (veteran DLC Dungeons & vArenas). To achieve our goal, we organize events everyday: 12-man content at 8:30pm CET (German time). We do Midgame content in a daily basis.

Who can join?

• We accept CP 300+ players, for long-term camaraderie. Candidates need to be able to attend our events at least 3 times a week (Mid-/End-game). Raids start at 8:15pm CET (events last 2-2.5 hrs max)...
  • We only are looking forward to players who can play the game 4-5 evenings a week in general, with future Endgame prospect in mind... No logging in from raid to raid. We believe "you learn the game by playing it!".

What We Provide?

• Constant training and growth to help you become a killing machine (or a healing lifespring) as we progress together...
  • Fun environment to do PvE - absolutely zero elitism, patience and tolerance towards new/unskilled players and such...
  • Discord - where we socialize, which is our primary guild chat...
  • Premium Website - where we organize our events, socialize further. Featuring event reviews written by our members. Colorful Event gallery... 
  • Custom Planner - where we plan to organize even better (coming very soon!)
  • Guild Housing - where you can find Crafting Stations, Transmutation Station, Mundus Stones and ever growing cool decoration for your seeing pleasure...
  • Youtube Channel - where we stream almost all events we do as a guild...

Who Shouldn't Join?

• Whoever isn't sure about their availability and playtime. We really don't want to chase after people and remind them to sign up for events. So if unsure, please don't waste our time!!!

If you like what you read, please kindly signup on our website (make sure you complete your profile here 100%).

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Meladriel

Finally made it past level 10!

Guest Meladriel

I know that many of you are up to level 50 already or heading that way. However, I don't get lots of time to play so it's taking me quite some time to make progress. Anyway, having been stuck on level 8 for what felt like an eternity, I'm now at level 11 after a couple of days of more solid progress.

I was finding it hard to get quests I could complete so I guessed that something was amiss. I went back to Khenarthi's Roost and found a quest I'd missed and that I'd not visited all locales. So I went to every single place on that damned island and made sure I'd done everything. Once I came back to Auridon, I explored some areas around Vulkhel Guard that I'd not visited and found some more quests that were suited to my level. Anyway, I now feel that I'm back on track and have realised that you can leave no stone unturned in ESO as you'll just end up with a load of quests that are too high for you. I now check the journal to see if I've visited all locales, found all public dungeons and discovered all quests. I'm about half way through the Auridon quests now.

So, at last I can join the campaign in Cyrodril - hurrah! I'm hoping I might be able to join for a bit tomorrow but I'm not sure as I played most of today and I think my partner will have something to say about that!. Anyway, we'll see what happens but I'm looking forward to joining in group campaigns soon. I've really enjoyed taking part in group dungeons and anchors and have found playing with others more fun than I anticipated. This is my first MMORPG so I'm new to this sort of thing and more used to playing solo.

Guest Sepirothine

congrats :D... i found out the hard its always best to complete the area before you move on...

I'm also really slow ;) Sometimes it feels like I get stuck also at certain lvls and then have to find out if I'm missing areas, and normally that's it :) It's good stories though and they all connect, so it pays to do them in the right order :)

I don't have much time since work consumes alot and I do 2 mmo's atm.

And the time I have I waste running around looking at things or picking plants O.o

Hope to see you sunday (or the next sunday) in Cyrodiil :)

Guest Sepirothine

ive played a few mmo's...and your right... this game has good stories... it didnt feel like an mmo.. felt just like anyother ES game

ive played a few mmo's...and your right... this game has good stories... it didnt feel like an mmo.. felt just like anyother ES game

This statement worries me :D We felt same way about SWTOR as well, and we know how that one ended...

Guest Meladriel

It looks like we are meeting friends in the pub in half an hour so I won't be able to take part this afternoon. Also, next week I'm away at a wedding in Scotland so it'll be a couple of weeks now until I can join a campaign. Oh well, I should have racked up a few more solo hours by then. 

Guest Didaskalos

Yeah, leaving zones too early didn't work out well for me either. I ended up in Malabal Tor when I was level 24 up against Mobs that were level 35+. Let's just say it wasn't pretty... :P

Guest Meladriel

I now don't try any quests that are more than a level above me. On the whole, I've found the quest level to be fairly accurate in terms of my character and own ability. I still can't kill the highly annoying Doshia though. She's meant to be level 8 I think and I tried again at level 10 and failed miserably. I'm now half way through level 11 so will revisit when I'm about level 15 and can kick her ass :D.

Guest Sal

... I still can't kill the highly annoying Doshia though. She's meant to be level 8 I think and I tried again at level 10 and failed miserably. I'm now half way through level 11 so will revisit when I'm about level 15 and can kick her ass :D.

You know that you have kill the orbs that she spawns before they reach her and heal her, right? If you do that she is fairly easy, much easier than the Beta

Guest Meladriel

Finally killed her. I struggled with this one though to be honest. I found it hard to concentrate on killing the orbs as she kept attacking me and your health goes down pretty quickly. I had to keep running away to give my health time to recoup, which of course gave her time to reboot too. Anyway, I was level 13 this time so I managed to nuke her. Not sure how, but I assume I must have destroyed the orbs eventually or managed to kill her before she had time to boost her health.

I've not really struggled with any of the other quests so not sure why this one defeated me for so long. I obviously just didn't have the technique down at all.

Anyway, onwards and upwards...

Guest neaNicu

Doshia, Gutsripper and other bosses (including Molag Bal) were repeatedly nerfed by Zenimax (compared to beta) following players complains in official forums.

I'll admit I had a hard time beating her when I was level 8-12 (can't remember exactly) and I still hate "Harvesters" (you'll see in the future Doshia-like mobs quite often).

I saw yesterday my 8 years old daughter beating Gutsripper in...7-8 seconds maybe? It was clearly not the same Gutsripper from beta.

On the other hand, there are players who posted on youtube videos defeating Doshia as level 6 using bow only. No magic, no abilities, just a bow.

It's all about tactics which should be adjusted to that particular boss. This is also true in group dungeons, as far as I saw.

In case of Doshia, as Sal said, you have to destroy her life-orbs first and only then focus on her.

I had great troubles with a quest-boss the other day, from veiled heritance quest, that guy on the boat.

I tried and tried and tried and adjusted tactis and skills and even swapped mid-fight.

And i got wasted completely.

And I whined (sorry to you who had to listen to that)

It can be very frustrating when it is quest-bosses, because you have to wait maybe several lvls before going at it again, and the stories are so damn good, you want the end of that story NOW, not in 2 weeks when you have grown more skillpoints :P

I'd never go to forums and ask devs to nerf though, because I accept other people will not think it as hard, and the game has to provide hard fun for all kinds of players.

But for people to say "that's easy enough" is very frustrating, because it's as saying "you suck haha" and that is not always the case.

We play differently, we play different chars with different skills and different abilities and thus we have different mobs we are good at and bad at fighting.

I think that's the beauty of this game, the diversity and the possibilities.

The moment we begin with "you need this and that to do this and that" well it's broken and we are back at wow where all mages push the same button over and over.

Did I rant? O.o sorry...

<3

Guest neaNicu

The moment we begin with "you need this and that to do this and that" well it's broken and we are back at wow where all mages push the same button over and over.

This is my main "fear" in regards of future adventure and raids (Craglorn). That in order to play "optimal" you should use a very specific build :)

Example: tanks should only use 1H+shield, heavy armor, taunt, X HP, Y stamina, Z spell resistance or healers should be templars, use eyes of mara set and so on.

This sounds very restrictive and completely against Elder Scrolls tradition "play how you like it".

If this will be the case, I think a lot of players will give up pve completely and move to pvp or rp.

Yes Serana.

Unfortunately MMO PvE people are used to it being like this, so there is a risk they feel most comfortable if it keeps being like this.

Tank: do this and that build, wear this and than, push this button. Then they don't have to try out things for themselves.

I tend to get sucked into that too, and its so bad.

I believe Zeni is trying to take MMOs PvE to the next lvl, as they do with the PvP, and if we restrict ourselves to do as we are used to, we will miss inventive things and we will miss good players.

Not all who play are MMO players, maybe 50% is ES fans and they come with fresh perspectives on things, but if you tell some ES fan she HAS to use shield, before you even see her performance without, you will miss out on things.

I say let us be a guild who is not afraid of trying new things :D

Wasn't there just an emperor using platemail armor while whielding magic? How wonderful is that!

Guest neaNicu

yeap, the very first pvp Emperor in ESO declared recently in an interview that he (as mage) used heavy armor and even heavy armor ultimate: Immobilize.

He said this ultimate helped him to stay "undisturbed" while casting his spells :)

Indeed, using heavy armor as Mage would be outrageous for most players :P

That's why I maxed my heavy armor :P

• Upvote 1

But for people to say "that's easy enough" is very frustrating, because it's as saying "you suck haha" and that is not always the case.

We play differently, we play different chars with different skills and different abilities and thus we have different mobs we are good at and bad at fighting.

I think that's the beauty of this game, the diversity and the possibilities.

Everybody suck sometimes. Don't be afraid to admit it and figure out a way to improve. IMO, Sorc is the most versatile and flexible class. You can be anything.

You need to find good balance between damage and sustainability. If you lack both - you will suck. 

If you have some issue, lets discuss it and try to solve it.

Guest Meladriel

Some really good comments here and thanks for the support :).

Despite gaming on and off since the days of the Spectrum, I don't consider myself to be a hugely skilled gamer. I don't have enough time to dedicate (hence only being level 15) and I do tend to take things quite slowly. I'm also a noob at MMOs and despite having played Skyrim, I'm not an expert at levelling RPG characters. I tend to play a variety of video games from adventure, strategy, puzzle to football so am not really an expert in any of them!

I am really enjoying learning more though about how MMORPGs work and how best to level my character. I've taken advice from a few forums (including this one) on how to level my sorcerer. When I first started the game, I randomly assigned my skill points as I saw fit. However, you quickly learn which skills are more effective for your style of play. Checking with other people's mage builds has enabled me to validate some of my better choices (crystal fragments and pets) and make the best use of others that I wasn't using properly (silver bolts and endless fury). Also, I no longer feel the need to assign a skill point as soon as I receive it. If I'm not sure how to best use it, I'll just wait a bit. I think I have 3 stockpiled at present. Along the way, I've tried to get a balance of other people's advice on mage builds and what feels right for my play style, which is basically spell attack from afar and if under direct attack and low on magicka, storm in with a bit of destruction staff. Investing in my staff helps as it's useful when you get jumped from behind and need to fight back at close range. I think I'm better on attack though and am coming unstuck with enemies where I need to block their attacks. My instinct is to defend by attacking, which is fine for enemies that do minimal damage with each attack but not great when you take huge hits from each single attack. I'm currently on the Chasing Shadows quest (final main story quest in Auridon) and finding that my inexperience at blocking and dodging is causing me to die as I can't kill the enemy fast enough. I saw on the main forum that a few people were struggling with this and that one person overcame it by sneaking to the orb and then unleashing their Clannfear to distract it once they got detected. As suggested in the comments above - there's more than one way to skin a cat.

The fact that there are so many ways to develop your character and we all have different playing styles means that there will always be some bosses that you find hard and others find easy. The great thing about ESO is though that if something is too hard, you can just come back when you are a couple of levels higher. I haven't encountered anything I couldn't overcome in some way yet. Also, with quests where there are lots of mobs, you can usually get some help from other players. On a few occasions, I've entered somewhere only to see about 6 enemies waiting. I usually just wait until someone else arrives and we can kill them together. That's what I'm enjoying most about the MMO aspect at the moment - the fact that there are often people to help you out. I always try and reciprocate too, so will help others out in a mob fight rather than just running past and leaving them to get on with it.

I'm nearly through with Auridon now. After Chasing Shadows, I have a quest left up in Riilis, the Haven one, a few dungeons and one dark anchor. I've got all the localities discovered and only one skyshard left to claim.

Guest neaNicu
 The great thing about ESO is though that if something is too hard, you can just come back when you are a couple of levels higher. I haven't encountered anything I couldn't overcome in some way yet. Also, with quests where there are lots of mobs, you can usually get some help from other players. On a few occasions, I've entered somewhere only to see about 6 enemies waiting. I usually just wait until someone else arrives and we can kill them together.

It is true what you say. For level 15.

However, later you'll see 2-3 issues:

- if you are VR9 or VR10 and can't beat a boss, you can't come back after some levels (and stronger) to fight him again because you are already at maximum. You could of course try to adjust your build and try something different.

- some of the fights are instanced so you are alone, no other players arround. Sometimes (except main story & guilds' quests) there is still possible for someone in your party to travel to you to help

- as you increase in level, you'll see less and less players. For example, me in veteran 10 zone, I have to wait sometimes more than 15 - 30 minutes to see another player coming. I am usually alone. Anchors / Dolmen, world bosses and public dungeons, which are very easy at your level  (because of many players doing them) are very hard in veteran zones because it is difficult to get a team.

Advice here: before veteran leves, the most difficult situations are boss-fights (i dont remembers all, Doshia, Mannimarco, Molag Bal, Sinmur and those from Mages/Fighters build). Don't to the same mistake as me to develop single-targe skills only and neglect AOE ones because at veteran levels, at meast for me the most dificult fights are not boss-fights but fights against 3 or 4 opponents in the same time, which happens more and more often to end=game. So be smart and level AOE skills/class or weapon. You'll have enough skill points if you take all shards, to level more than 1 weapon. Even if you craft.

Edited by neaNicu

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.