Lodge is aiming for natural growth through doing regular small-scale hard-difficulty content, such as DLC dungeons, Imperial Sewers/City questing/farming, Dragonstar arena, achievement runs etc, with long term goal of reaching viable vTrial Core. Need players of all levels and experience, of positive contributive attitude with motivation to learn and train.

Read more here! Register on forums to apply!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nepenthe

Haven't decided yet what to play.

Guest Nepenthe

One day left for the launch and I haven't decided yet what I'm going to play. I think i'll end flipping a coin because all the things I got in mind seem so interesting.

The first option is: Breton/Imperial, templar, one handed-shield, heavy armor(tank)

The other option is: Bosmer, sorcerer, bow, medium armor(something like arcane archer)

The third option is: Breton, dragonknight, restoration staff, light armor(the build i am planning to do has only one healing spell and the rest are shields to the party, enhancements that increase party's dmg, mostly a support)

From all the three option the one I'm dying to try is the third. And I can see the usefullness of a support at a 12man content. But I'm worried till we reach to the point to do 12man contents, there won't be space for a support at a 4man content group. Considering 2 spots are occupied by tank and healer, simply there won't be enough dmg output if one slot from the remaining 2 is occupied by a support. So even If I want to try this build so badly, I'm afraid I will be left without "a job" :P The other 2 dragonknight trees I've tried them in beta, they aren't my thing really, so if I'd play dragonknight I would do it only for the third skill-line which seems more supportive.

So if I can't play a dragonknight support I'm left with the arcane archer and the templar tank. To be honest, at the beta, both my templar tank and dragonknight tank did awful dmg. I couldn't kill anything. At all the videos I've seen everyone says single player content is so easy. I will agree with that but my tanks had difficulty at least with low lvl gear obtained from starting areas to solo an elite. No matter the fact I avoided all special abilities of the elite, no matter how much I pre-blocked at the end I didn't deal enough dmg and that got me killed sooner or later.So even if  tanking seems tempting and challenging to me, I don't want to end up not being able to solo content.( I've read though that at pvp the most tanky someone is the better, but pvp is my last concern)

And I'm left with the arcane archer. I always loved arcane archers. Even in neverwinter nights I always picked as prestige class arcane archer. But it's another dps. And world is full of dpses and I'm afraid I'm gonna come to a point I'll wait for half an hour at queue or till I find group for a dungeon or other content and that is boring.

I'm excluding the healer role coz I've played too much of it the past few years .

So what would you pick guys and why?

Oh I so follow your concerns :/

I am also worried I will stand and wait and wait and wait in dungeon queues with the build I have in mind, and I am thinking of throwing in more dps... but to make just a dps build you get the same worry because there is always so many dps'ers.

I decided to do the build I want to play the most and not worry too much, because in the end it has to be fun to play and I have the trust in this guild that we will make groups and help each other rather then rush through dungeons.

So my advice is play the build you want the most!

I think you'll be better at playing something you find exciting then something you have to. (Mind however I took gender studies at university, and there is NO jobs in this country requirereing it, so my follow-your-heart plan might blow up in your face O_O)

When are an MMO making dungeons clever? So they read the players abilities and skills and let monsters react accordingly! For this game especially we should not have to have the normal MMO dungeon set-up of healer tank and x dps. I want flexibility lol.

And hey :) I'll group with you for dungeons any day!

Well, it's an MMO, if proven worthy, it will be a game for a very long time to play. I'd rather try and learn by experience, than rush it. If game for some weird reason proves unworthy - let's say ZoS goes mad and makes it F2P, or some other stupid nonsense of this kind - then it doesn't matter, you won't be playing it that long anyway, no matter how cool character you have created.

I will try Sorcerer for starters and will do my best to level her as mainly dps (mainly = initial skill points will go that direction) and then healer. I aim to create some kickass dps/healer from her, experiment a little bit and then will see how things go, as I learn.

My alt will be templar with moderate self-healing capacity. When it comes to tanks, survival is the key: you need to survive long enough to kill your enemy, considering dps output will be awful. Self healing should compensate for that with survival element.

Nightblade is my long-term project :P Won't happen anytime very soon.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.