Lodge is aiming for natural growth through doing regular small-scale hard-difficulty content, such as DLC dungeons, Imperial Sewers/City questing/farming, Dragonstar arena, achievement runs etc, with long term goal of reaching viable vTrial Core. Need players of all levels and experience, of positive contributive attitude with motivation to learn and train.

Read more here! Register on forums to apply!

Sign in to follow this  
Gelmir

ESO Resources

If you have been following our Facebook and/or Google+ pages, you already noticed me sharing few resources related to the upcoming game. I decided to gather them all in this topic as well.

Following resources have caught my eye:

Edited by Merigold
Added add-on links

Found some addon links and added to the list.

Skill calculator is pretty useful to see different abilities each class has. Definitely will roll Argonian tank now :)

Can you still respecc? And if yes how does it work, when you also gain points to skills you use? Or that is how I understood it :/ Maybe I got it wrong though and think too much of Skyrim, because I was mostly exploring things in beta :P

Guest neaNicu

When played beta, I heard people in chat speaking that it is possible to redistribute spent skill points in the capital of Deshaan zone (it's 3rd zone you get access for Ebonheart) but I didn't try it myself and I don't know details or cost in gold.

Later edit: I found some details here: http://teso.mmorpg-life.com/reset-skills-eso/

Ah thanks.

I will definetly mess it up with skills...

First char I did had some sneaking assassin skills I never used because I fought with a bow always.

On the video about resetting skills he said that if you collect all skyshards you can maximize all your skill lines. Does anyone know if that is true? Because if it is the game became even better for me.

Guest neaNicu

IF my understanding is correct and, according to this map: http://teso.mmorpg-life.com/skyshards/ , there are 300 shards in game, splitted into zones and alliances.

Part of them would only be available after level 50 because only then we are allowed to visit other alliances territories.

Other shards will be added for sure in future expansions and future zones unlocked.

I guess it should be enough shards.

My son did an estimation (using esohead skill calculator) and he told me he need 101 skills for his build (he is a lot more experienced to MMOs than me), part of which would be gained by levelling and part of them by shards.

There are also some quests that provide skill points as reward.

Edited by neaNicu

Yea, I think that is correct assumption. Technically, even if you start with weapons and armor specific to your class and level them up to the max, you can return to other gear and use them, level them up to max as well. In long run, its possible to create outstanding character who verses in everything.

You can level all professions and weapon proficiencies for sure, if you'd want that everything can reach lvl 100, but I'm not too sure you'll have enough skill points to max out all skills. It would be a pretty bad idea if the developers allowed that, basically removing a lot of replay value by giving players an option to max out all skills on a single character. I think in the end some choices will have to be made and I don't think it's possible to create an archer/tank/2-hander type character with fully maxed skills in all those 3 trees, while also spending points on your armor tree, racial tree and crafting. And potentially PvP and/or guild skilltrees, should you want that. You'd probably have like 200 skill points to spend in total (100 from shards, 50 from leveling, 50 from quests, roughly) and I'm pretty sure that's not enough to max out all skills, purely based on the skills I was using for my tank.

Since when MMO's need replay value? They need sustaining play value, which is fed by new content. Not replay value. Replay value destroys MMO, it means you need to play same thing again and again. No MMO would claim they have replay value, otherwise it's awful reverse advertisement. And different classes serve for variety, if that is what you mean by "replay value". But overall, the term "replay value" is for single-player games which are greatly limited by design.

Guest neaNicu

in my opinion, it is not important IF we have enough skill points to fill in all skills in game but all skills important for our character.

Example: I'm a Nord tank with 2 handed battleaxe. I would only be interested in racial skills, 2H weapon skills, heavy armor skills and so on.
I will not be interested at all in destruction staff skills or light armor skills.

I think (at least at level 50) we'll have enough skills points to maximixe all skills of one specific character.

However, assuming I want to change from 2 handed tank in a mage, I can pay gold and reset my skills.

So I don't think we'll have to start another character (like in Skyrim) to try mage after playing tank.

We'll probably just reset skills and keep same character.

I want EVERYTHING in ma character. That's it!  :blowup:

Even if you could get all skills you would only be able to get a number of skills with you and changing them is going to be hard during combat. Also you have 4 different classes which have different skills each, and every race has a different set of skills too. So, if you can get everything, you have to choose what skills you will use which will define your role. What could be negative about this is the passives and the crafting skills, that if anyone can get the crafters are going to be useless or to be more precise everyone could be a master crafter. What puzzles me in this is that I have read or heard somewhere from the creators of the game that you can only master two crafting skills or your skills points won't be enough for the combat skills. They could be referring on the early part of the game but I hope not for my previous reason. On the other hand people that are really interested and talented in crafting could create some rare items or enchantments and stand out from the rest. I guess we will figure it out ourselves when we get there. I can't wait. :D

And everyone should be master crafter. Why limit people and make their lives miserable?! People want to spend time on crafting, give them chance to do so - just don't create nuisance of creating tons of alts just for that purpose. Why wouldn't a person have chance to do whatever he desires with one character, within boundaries of that character's class?! I always hated stupid constraints in games, and this kinda limitation would be one such serving nothing but to frustrate playerbase.

Having players that specialize in crafting can be really good for the stimulation of the economy and not everyone is willing to create a character and level him up to maximum level just for the crafting skills. Though I guess with TESO they want to have players that like playing solo experience as much as possible so they could let everyone get everything. The only thing that bugs me is the comment I said earlier about mastering only two crafting skills.

Hmm, sorry missed that part re mastering 2 crafting skills only...

That really sucks :( But if 300 skill points is correct (I read that in forums today as well), I think those 300 should cover us good. If I calculated it right in skill calculator, 300 is way more than enough. Also, among Achivements, there is 320 Skill Points related achievement. Shouldn't this cover us?

Maybe it really was about the early part of the game and that if you put all of your points on the crafting skills you will fall behind on combat.Thing that I experienced slightly with my first character.

On the other hand he could have said that because he had in mind that the shards are hard to find, which I hope is true because I think there are hints as to were they are, or so I heard, and I love treasure hunting :). Then again that would be stupid because I bet that the internet will be full of guides as to where you can find them. 

Guest neaNicu

the internet is already full of shards maps :) I posted such map yesterday in this forum!

Now it depends on each of us to use them or not.

I remember too the issue with maximum of 2 crafting to be mastered, it was in an interview with some Zenimax producer.

I do agree that replay value is bad advertisement, but i don't meant it as advertisement. I do howeverr believe that the creators have taken into account that people will start multiple characters, like they do in almost every MMO, and that multiple characters means more time spent in the game. So perhaps I should say 'play value', but 'replay value' is the common term, I believe. 

That being said, i'm convinced it's possible to make a balanced character who excels at one role, in my case tanking, while also being able to master a craft or two. That would make sense and I experienced that durng my playthrough, where I did have enough points to lvl armor, skills, weapon, racial and blacksmithing. Didn't have any points left though. So if the game stays balanced like that, and I'm pretty confident it will, that is probably what you should aim for.

You could probably spend all your skillpoints on crafting NEedfulLad, but you will have to reach certain levels as well to keep improving the crafting skills, and without points spent in combat abilities, there is no way you're gonna reach those levels. Unless you are willing to really grind it out and play the game with no combat/heaing abilities. I think that could be done, but it's not going to be easy and while soloing, it could be very boring. Your gear will however be up to date though, since that requires no skills, so you can still equip the best armor and weapons for your level. Thus making it possible to eventually reach lvl 50 with no points spent in crafting skills.

An easier way would be to spend all your skillpoints in combatskills, rush to lvl 50 and then respecc :) 

Are you sure you are restricted to master all crafts? Because I read and experienced no such thing while playing.

They meant skill points wise: you won't have enough points to master all crafting professions - which still sounds weird, as 320 points should be enough. If its indeed two, that sucks, because each character at least need 3 crafting skills - one for arms, one for armor and one for side professions like enchanting/alchemy etc. Side professions are very important ones so being limited to two professions would really be bad :(

The point was that you could technically put all points on all crafting skills as soon as they are available, which I did with my first character, but then as you said you wouldn't be putting those points on skills thus being weaker in combat and probably kinda useless in dungeons.

The thing about "replay" value, which I didn't mention because I didn't want to answer for you, is that the game itself has three different factions with different stories as far as I can tell except maybe the guilds and the main story. I wouldn't feel that I completed the game if I didn't play all of them, by completing I mean questing wise of course. So if I were to create another character I would like for him to be different from my previous one and not use the same abilities again.

This could be resolved if you were able to get all skills for all characters really late on the game, maybe even after the release of new areas. By all skills I mean the skills of his class and race.

Then again the different classes could make a big difference as you progress.

@Merigold

If that is the case I will probably create three characters, each one in a different faction, so that I can experience  the factions' stories as well as have all crafting skills on my disposal. the other slots I will use for the character(s) that will be my PVP or RP characters and I won't use points in crafting at all for them.

@Thyworm

I forgot to mention that I don't think you can be up to date on your armor,potions etc., at least by crafting it, if you do not spend ANY points at crafting because there are certain recipes for example that you have to upgrade your provisional skill to craft. I think the same goes for the other crafting skills too.

Guest neaNicu

why creating other characters just to visit all faction stories?

You are allowed to do all quests in the other alliances with current character at level 50.

I have a friend playing GW2 with 6 characters, all at level 80 (maximum).

However, for the moment I don't see a reason to make more than 1 character, since I can easily reset him if I want to change the role.

Maybe I will change my mind but for the moment there is so much to explore and discover that 1 character seems enough for me.

From what I heard from the video about resetting, resetting a character costs more each time you do it and I am kinda stingy on that matter. I think it's not worth the money if you can do it by trying. Also it's going to be really annoying for me to have to reset my character every time I want to craft something. For example if I want to craft something for my friend that I didn't mass produce on my previous reset. Also I don't know how the hireling skill would work if you keep resetting.

I didn't know that you could do the quests of other factions once you hit full level. How does it work, are the quests 50 level quests or do they become really easy for a level 50 character. Also I don't see how it would make sense story wise. I have heard that you can visit other faction but I didn't know about their quests.

I just thought how funny it would be to go to a starting area of a faction and they treat you like you fell from the sky.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.