Lodge of Sorceresses is Growing towards PvE Endgame!!!

We are recruiting active players, enthusiastic about PvE content in ESO, to grow towards the Endgame (progressive veteran Trials, currently running 2 Cores, 2 more being planned) through what we call "Midgame" content (veteran DLC Dungeons & vArenas). To achieve our goal, we organize events everyday: 12-man content at 8:30pm CET (German time). We do Midgame content in a daily basis.

Who can join?

• We accept CP 300+ players, for long-term camaraderie. Candidates need to be able to attend our events at least 3 times a week (Mid-/End-game). Raids start at 8:15pm CET (events last 2-2.5 hrs max)...
  • We only are looking forward to players who can play the game 4-5 evenings a week in general, with future Endgame prospect in mind... No logging in from raid to raid. We believe "you learn the game by playing it!".

What We Provide?

• Constant training and growth to help you become a killing machine (or a healing lifespring) as we progress together...
  • Fun environment to do PvE - absolutely zero elitism, patience and tolerance towards new/unskilled players and such...
  • Discord - where we socialize, which is our primary guild chat...
  • Premium Website - where we organize our events, socialize further. Featuring event reviews written by our members. Colorful Event gallery... 
  • Custom Planner - where we plan to organize even better (coming very soon!)
  • Guild Housing - where you can find Crafting Stations, Transmutation Station, Mundus Stones and ever growing cool decoration for your seeing pleasure...
  • Youtube Channel - where we stream almost all events we do as a guild...

Who Shouldn't Join?

• Whoever isn't sure about their availability and playtime. We really don't want to chase after people and remind them to sign up for events. So if unsure, please don't waste our time!!!

If you like what you read, please kindly signup on our website (make sure you complete your profile here 100%).

Sign in to follow this  
Guest neaNicu

legit or not?

Guest neaNicu

I remember Gelmir told me some time ago that in a "subscription model" game, it is illegal  / against rules (or at least not fair to other players) to use real money ($). I was suprised at that time because I used to play f2p games where it's quite normal to use real money to buy weapons or other staff. It's ok, I will remember the rule and be sure I'll not become a cheater.

Now, i received an advertising on Facebook to a website selling ESO (and wow, Rift etc) gold against EUR/USD.

I obviously don't need gold now because I have more than I can spend but I was just wondering if it's ok or maybe a scam? The prices seem unreal low.

Common...I work a lot in game for 100K gold...and they sell it with 15$?

I will delete topic after receiving answer, in case it's not legit, as to be sure noone will use the service by mistake.

Edited by neaNicu

I'd say illegal, or a scam, who knows.

If you can buy gold legal for real money, it would be on the ESO official homepage.

Like you can buy a mount :)

Sold gold comes from within the game, and it means goldfarmers, and those will be the ones standing in line waiting for something to spawn (mob, boss, material) and they will grab it and grab it and grab it, so you have to sit and wait for the same something to spawn again, and maybe miss it due to farmers. Or it can be gold from scamming players, or selling those duplicated things from the bug. Don't support such abuses and annoyances by buying gold.

It's a wrong world where poor people survive sweatshopping as a goldfarmer :/ and we rich people sit and gets annoyed by it, but that's another discussion.

• Upvote 1

Not legit.

Bots - one of the way to farm gold. I've reported more then 10 bots already. They usually farm resources, but today I saw totally new thing - hole group of bots in the dungeon farming mobs. They were moving as one and killing groups of mobs in 2-3 seconds, I even couldn't get all the names. 

• Upvote 1

Guest MightyLampshade

Don't do it. You can bet your ass that the ESO team will have logs of this sort of thing, and will most likely scrutinise large transactions from unlikely players.

These guys ruin games, and by buying gold you are only helping them to ruin more games and fund more botting servers.

Plus, it's doubtful you will actually get your gold in-game.

The bot groups tend to sit in the lower level public dungeons, without AoE it's almost impossible to get the boss kill most of the time.

Guest neaNicu

OK, thanks. I edited the original post to delete the link to that non-legit website and replaced with a more general wording.

Guest Ater

Selling gold for real money is illegal in all games.

But I do not agree with this completely.

When I played in WoW, I seling my gold for real money. Finally I got the money three times more than spent on purchase of all extensions and pay a subscription. And in the game I getting expensive items from auction when I wanted to, without worrying about the price.

Do I think that did a bad thing? Absolutely not!!

The problem is not in buying\selling gold for real money. The problem is that such a demand provoked exploits and botting.

For me, farming gold in WoW was no less exciting than his PvP and PvE component. Mining in the right place at the right time, competent use of crafting professions, speculation in auction house (market monitoring, and reliable investment) - it is all completely legal ingame mechanics. I enjoyed it, and it is my business what to do with my gold. I have not used any illegal mechanics to do this. And I do not see anything that ruined the game.

So I do not approve of a ban on trade ingame currency. But of course I totally disapprove all kinds of exploits!!

Guest HarunAlHaschisch

I completely and strongly disagree with you. The whole point of any MMO, especially those you pay a subscription for, is that everyone starts with the same intital conditions. You are supposed to become better through being better at playing the game and/or playing the game for a longer time.

When you sell gold for real world money people with more real world money will be have better items while not spending the same amount of time in the game which defeats the purpose of the game. I can't put it any clearer than that.

We can of course argue about free to play and pay to win games but this is TESO, subscription based, the same goes for WoW, which you mentioned. I pay my 13€ so that I don't have to suffer those guys who pay increasing sums of money to be more successful at the game.
Consider my wording here: Be more successful, not be better. I wouldn't say more money would make you better at the game but in an MMO that revolves around stats that are manipulated through items and thus gold it will make you more successful.

I think people who sell gold should totally be banned and if I see them in action I will do my best to get them banned.
It IS illegal and it should be illegal.

Edited by HarunAlHaschisch

Guest Ater

HarunAlHaschisch, so simply saying you just envy that someone have more items faster? )))

But TESO, as the WoW, not confronts players directly. For me makes no difference in what armor runs that guy near, or that he has a 3 horse, and open all bank and inventory upgrade.

So for my game his real money has no effect.

Yes there is PvP, but in WoW you can't buy PvP gear for gold/real money. Even PvE equipment you can by only 10% of those for gold. So I do not see much impact gold selling on real game advantage.

PvP in TESO? There is still need time to see. Hard to say how it goes.

And in any case, in these games, gold has very little value. Compared to EVE all games has absolutely no influence of real money. EVE is the only game where you can talk about the real serious PvP. And yes, there is absolutely officially authorized conversion real mony in ingame currency.

Guest HarunAlHaschisch

I have made my point. I supported it with logic. Don't try to bait me into a discussion based on my personal feelings.

Besides the fact that gold selling is just unfair towards people who don't have the money to buy everything they want, besides advantages in PvP and PvE endcontent, besides ruining the ingame economy it's still just a shitty thing to do.

RPGs like TESO are supposed to NOT emphasize practices we find in the real world. Tamriel is supposed to be a place where your sword arm or your spells decide who you are, not the size of your coinpurse. There are people who care about these things and you are ruining their experience with such practices. Besides that those who buy the gold ruin their own experience. It is, after all, cheating.

Edited by HarunAlHaschisch

Guys! In Lodge, I personally kick people from guild if I see them selling anything for real money. Simple as that! Anything, even a gray item.

This guild's primary rule always aligns with developer company's TOS, those having highest priority over any rules we put in place. I hope this settles the whole debate. Now, let's not create a hot situation from controversial topic please: you can't convince someone who has done something wrong personally, unless they realize it for themselves and decide to change. That is the whole problem with today's world in first place, which haven't been solved. No point arguing over it - and different opinions won't lead to anywhere. You will end up agreeing on disagreeing, and I don't see showcase of that - its pointless and only creates distasteful spectacles in the forums.

I am closing this topic now. Thanks everyone for input!

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.