Lodge is looking for skilled players to fill following projects slots in our guild:

PvE Raid Core - we successfully filled existing gaps within our Core and are recruiting to complement it with additional "reserves". We looking forward to 2x DDs, 1x Healer, 1x Tank. Read more here for requirements and follow the instructions to join!

PvP Core - Please welcome @HawksHeart as our new PvP General. From this point on, we are looking forward to 1 more PvP General and skilled players to fill our PvP Core.

Roleplaying - Although we managed to recruit half a dozen RP enthusiasts to our RP Initiative, we still have RP Officer position open. If you are an avid RP player with extensive experience in RPing, please join us now! Additional slots for RP players are also available!

Social Players - currently recruiting towards our Social recruitment slots - invitation only by interview. Please contact me in-game (@Glevissig) for it.

Sign in to follow this  
Vargen Saphia

Off-Topic Topic

Hello!

This topic is about pretty much anything you want it to be. This is the place for everything random, or not random, that has, is or will happen. Everything you want to talk about, but something not worth an entire new topic in this forum. Like you just found something silly looking, want to talk about the weather, dolphins, narwhals, apples, oranges, erasers, chewing gum, your favourite shows, flowers, colours, serious things, "Deal with it!", :bud: , :dog: , :fkr: , cats :3 , fonts, events, seasons, ice-cream, banana phone, 1337 and...

dare I say it...

opinions.

And the best thing? You don't even have to stay on topic! You can change the subject whenever you like. Just remember to follow the guilds rules. Don't discuss things that may be found offensive or is in any other way inappropriate.

I made this topic since I thought it'd be a fun thing, I saw a topic like this on another forum and it was a great success. Also it kind of prevents spam. Kind of. Depends on what people decided to post.

So uhm... this topic is kinda random.

I guess I should start. I say...

!!!CATS!!! >:3

EDIT: :bud: <-- Look at me... Look at me.... Look at me!

Edited by Vargen Saphia
  • Upvote 2

Ahhh a place to place the ranting about how cruel the world is :)

Like how annoying it is that my hands are itchy because today I went and digged loads of dirt from one box to another and didn't think to put on sunscreen :/

• Upvote 1

Yeah it's been rather hot today. We finally released some of our grey partridges (adults) at the of the forest and by the river. We've had them in the stable throughout the entire winter, because of all the snow and the general cold. It is our hope that they will start to breed after they've settled over the chock of coming to a new area. We have a few more which we will release tomorrow, and then we'll keep one pair just in case everything just shits itself so that we can sell - alternatively trade - the chicks to buy new ones.

Weather is awesome outside, and I am stuck inside coding... Bah! :P

Weather here is cloudy and a bit chilly... I'm preparing lessons for next week... and trying to get into my head I need to get up at 5.15 tomorrow O.o arrggg

We went fishing today, me and my dad, but we didn't catch any.

"Fishing isn't about catching a fish, It's about the act itself" - General Jack O'Neill, Stargate SG-1 :P

Guest HarunAlHaschisch

"Fishing isn't about catching a fish, It's about the act itself" - General Jack O'Neill, Stargate SG-1 :P

A Serpent guard, a Horus guard and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The Serpent guard's eyes glow. The Horus guard's beak glistens. The Setesh guard's nose...drips.

- Teal'c of Chulak, Stargate SG-1

I'm unhappy about the amount of time I spend looking at the ESO circle circling in a corner of my screen.

15 minutes to get on.

Now I'm on load for Cyrodiil (remind me not to do that again ever).

It's getting annoying and it's getting old and it needs fixing! (Yes I did try the this-is-how-you-fix-loading thingy, which did not help).

So now I'll go get a book and read while this game loads...

OMG my downstairs neighbour is the most annoying!

We have open balconys and they are rather big.

Last WINTER (1½ years ago) she complained because MELTING SNOW was dripping down from my balcony to hers where it stained her clothes hanging there to dry.

I told her I could do nothing about melting snow, and she left calling me names and shaking her head.

Now she was just here to complain: yelling in the staircase and knocking hard on my door: Water was dripping down AGAIN she yelled! (Its been 1½ since the melting snow incident, nothing in between)

I told her I had just watered my plants and that I had been very careful about it, but I would look if all had plates underneath.

But she just waved with her arms, shaked her head at me and yelled some more names.

I have those little plates beneath all plants in my frikin balcony and I do not spill water on purpose and she is being such an idiot about a bit of water.

WTF. Dry your clothes inside or down in the yard!

I am sick and tired about people in this building complaining instead of talking to each other.

Next door neighbour has complained about:

1. That I use my bathroom at night, it wakes her up. I took down the holder for toilet paper to be nice, because she thought that might be it. In the mean time she has loud arguments with her BF while the bathroom door on her side is open, so I can listen in on the fights, heck even choose side from arguments if I wanted.

2. The fact that I sometimes leave my apartment at 6.30 in the morning and have to close my door. Our doors can only be closed by pulling them hard, so yes it makes noise, but I can not do anything about it, the doors are the porperty of the community.

3. That I had left the trashbag outside my door. And then she does the same continously. Also leaving shoes and other things outside her door, I do not mind though.

I mean we live in apartments very close. On top of each other and next to each other. And you do your best to not walk inside with shoes on, to turn down the tv and music after 10, to let people know if when you have that "Yey I graduated from university party" 2 weeks ahead, you try not to have loud conversations during summer evenings with windows open.

But you will have noise, and smells and water dripping. And a ton of other annoying things, that you have to live with.

If you want something done, if you want consideration, talk nicely to people, befriend your neighbour. Instead of frikin fighting them :( fighting never frikin helps.

I do not get why people here complain so much about all these little things?

Yes water dripping on clean clothes is annoying and I do not always remember to be extra careful when watering plants, but to call your neighbour names or think they can control melting snow?

Yes to be woken up early in the morning or in the night is annoying, but stop and think if the source of the noise is to be blamed?

Why can't we all just get a-frikin-long?

OMG I'm pissed, sorry for whining :(

Or maybe I am like the neighbour from hell, who just thinks she is very considerate but really isn't :S OMG I hope not O_O

• Upvote 1

I'm sorry for what happened, Nuin :(

These are the dis-advantages of living in an apartment (block of flats), same everywhere.

However, the communist apartment I live in has rather thick walls so there is noway I could heard my neighbours using bathroom...

Well really I should just say "Fuck it" because she is unreasonable.

I just don't like conflicts... Need thicker skin!

People are going to be unreasonable wherever you go in life. It's a sad fact, but secretly we are all self-absorbed narcissists who think we got shit figured out while everyone else is somehow wrong. I think your example with that neighbor who wants you to be quiet at night, but then has massive arguments that the whole apartment complex can hear, pretty much sums up what I am trying to say.

It sucks when disagreements like that lead to conflict. And it sucks even more when you meet people like that in the area where you live; the place that is supposed to be your "safe zone", where you are supposed to wind down and relax.

I guess you could approach it by just going "fuck it", but I would advice against that. Not because you personally dislike conflict, but because this other person seems to feed off of it - at least that's what I gather from your short rant. People like that will not let it go if you engage back. I am not going to give any advice beyond that since I don't fully understand the situation, but basically... yeah, I'm sorry to hear. That sucks!

• Upvote 1

Last time I was correcting essays all day we had this heated debate about almost every dangerous touchy topic there is, and it was a good distraction. What am I to do today where you all seem to have lost your keyboards? I've done 6 essays now and haven't had a decent break yet. C'mon guys I'm working too hard here, need distractions! Post a cute-cat-video or something. :P

On that notion: Zombies vs. Drugs

Who won?

I'm on a tie also actually, because zombies :P but WW also does good rhymes.

And thanks for cuteness overload :)

OMG my downstairs neighbour is the most annoying!

We have open balconys and they are rather big.

Last WINTER (1½ years ago) she complained because MELTING SNOW was dripping down from my balcony to hers where it stained her clothes hanging there to dry.

I told her I could do nothing about melting snow, and she left calling me names and shaking her head.

Now she was just here to complain: yelling in the staircase and knocking hard on my door: Water was dripping down AGAIN she yelled! (Its been 1½ since the melting snow incident, nothing in between)

Sounds like she needs a nice hot cup of :

post-2352-0-38038500-1399562532.jpg

Edited by Sepirothine

Ha ..I used to live in a block of flats in Edinburgh..nightmare...now I live the idyllic life in the countryside...small fishing town(extinct)..and have a single mother with two kids above me, but they morph into demented kangaroo's at odd times of the day and bounce around on my ceiling...nightmare. 

Guest HarunAlHaschisch

I'll just leave this here. Oh yeah it's not safe for work.

Edited by HarunAlHaschisch