Lodge is looking for skilled players to fill following projects slots in our guild:

PvE Raid Core - we successfully filled existing gaps within our Core and are recruiting to complement it with additional "reserves". We looking forward to 2x DDs, 1x Healer, 1x Tank. Read more here for requirements and follow the instructions to join!

PvP Core - Please welcome @HawksHeart as our new PvP General. From this point on, we are looking forward to 1 more PvP General and skilled players to fill our PvP Core.

Roleplaying - Although we managed to recruit half a dozen RP enthusiasts to our RP Initiative, we still have RP Officer position open. If you are an avid RP player with extensive experience in RPing, please join us now! Additional slots for RP players are also available!

Social Players - currently recruiting towards our Social recruitment slots - invitation only by interview. Please contact me in-game (@Glevissig) for it.

Sign in to follow this  
Gelmir

Addons & Curse Client: How to make it work with ESO EU client?

Problem: Curse.com add-on client mainly is built for US game client, so we need to tweak some stuff to make it work.

Solution Summary: We create folder link from ESO US client Addon folder to EU client Addon folder, thus cheating Curse. Curse installs onto US client Addon folder and through link files get installed into EU folder.

How to:

Go through following steps (Windows):

1. Press WINDOWS key and type cmdCommand Prompt is found. Right click on it and Run as Administrator.

2. Command Prompt (aka DOS shell) will open.

Type following to navigate to ESO User folder: cd %USERPROFILE%/Documents/Elder Scrolls Online

Type following to delete US client Addon folder: rmdir /s /q live\Addons

Type following to link US client Addon folder to EU client Addon folder: mklink /J live\Addons liveeu\Addons

3. In Curse client, scan for new games (delete ESO if it was found before). Curse client will find ESO and add it. You can now use it and add addons.

4. After downloading and installing addons via Curse client, go to system menu (press Esc) and from Addons section press ReloadUI.

Same technique should work on Mac as well. In Mac, only paths differ. Linking command is similar to Linux commands as well: ln -s liveeu/Addons live/Addons should work (of course after you navigate to your Documents directory using Terminal). ln command syntax is different with its Windows counterpart: it receives destination folder (in our case, EU client Addon folder: liveeu/Addons) first, then link location (US client Addon folder: live/Addons) folder. In Windows however, it is Source to Target mentality.

Collection of addons posted by members in the posts below :

Edited by Morier

So ive decided im tired of running around aimlessly looking for nodes to harvest..

so i figured there must be an addon that i can use to mark ones i've found to hopefully create a farming run path... turns out there is. also it has a database of found nodes too.

havent checked it yet as servers down. but will get back to you when i try it.

Harvest map

Guest HarunAlHaschisch

Hey, since I don't really trust Curse(for no good reason) and since Oblivion and Fallout 3 times I am heavily in love with the Nexusmods Forums I'll just leave this here for anyone interested. Maybe this could be merged with the other mod guide, maybe it's totally unnecessary in everyones eyes, I'll leave a moderator to it.

1)

go here: http://www.nexusmods.com/elderscrollsonline/?

Check for awesome mods using the filter of your choice.(I am not going to explain the many functions this site offers.)

2)

For every mod you want you have two choices:

2.1) Download it manually. It will be a .zip file you'll have to extract. Extract it so that the folder has no additional subfolders before the important .lua modfile. Put the folder, which should be named like the mod here: C:\Users\Username\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\liveeu\AddOns\

You should come out with C:\Users\Username\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\liveeu\AddOns\Modname\Modname.lua + whatever's also in there

Note: Different people extract files in many different ways. What I've written here is the most important thing to look for if something goes wrong. I guess the easiest way to extract the mod files is simply to rightlick them and say "Extract To->C:\Users\Username\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\liveeu\AddOns\"

Also note: Hard drive letters might vary. It would need to be the drive/partition where your Windows is installed on and consequently where your "Documents" folder is.

2.2) Use the Nexus Mod Manager. You can download and install the mods using the manager. However, in it's current state the mod manager loads into the ...\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns and not into the ...\Elder Scrolls Online\liveeu\AddOns folder. Should you choose this option you will have to copy those files over into the other folder. This will probably be fixed soon.

3)

Enable them ingame. Done.

If you want any additional help regarding the Nexus-Site or the Mod-Manager or whatever I'll be happy to help. I just thought to keep the first post short.

I am also happy about any opinions on which platform(Nexus or Curse if any) is better and for which reasons.

At some later time I might work on making this a little bit easier to read.

im sorry but curse, nexus mod manager...

i dont see why you are using clients for addons... when all you have to do is unzip addons to the addon folder

Guest HarunAlHaschisch

i dont see why you are using clients for addons... when all you have to do is unzip addons to the addon folder

Which is why I put a reasonably easy to understand description of how to do that in my tutorial at first. I basically wanted to advertise the Nexus site because of its options of filtering mods, looking at what people like or don't and for what reasons.

Also the Mod Manager offers easily accessible information on whether or not your mods are up to date and if not lets you easily download the new version. Also there are people who like to have programs do their work for them. Also there are people who are not as well versed in computer stuff and are more comfortable with a program doing the work (which basically is what programs are for). Also there are those who change their mods like underwear and don't want to navigate into that supid folder everytime they do it.

Again, I have no experience with the Curse Client and little experience with the Curse site but last time I looked it was basically a long list where the only way you could see what mods are "good" was by how many times they were loaded.

One and only reason: automatic updates about which I cba.

In long term, auto-updaters are always worth it. At some point you just can't bother with addon micromanagement, or even, forget what that was about at first place. Too much management can be bothersome, especially at my line of work :)

A recent find is Thurisaz Guild Info as it will show more information in the guild tab like character names, last online as well as chat notifications about guild members status changes.

More addons im using are : 

Edited by Morier
  • Upvote 1

For a long time during the play WoW i used Curse Client, and I find it very convenient.

But for TESO i find thet Curse-database of addon is very poor, and the main part of addons is on http://www.esoui.com

So i think need to mention Minion AddOn manager for that site.

• Upvote 1

For a long time during the play WoW i used Curse Client, and I find it very convenient.

But for TESO i find thet Curse-database of addon is very poor, and the main part of addons is on http://www.esoui.com

So i think need to mention Minion AddOn manager for that site.

Man, you've just dug Curse's grave :D Good riddance!

My addon list:

1) CancelCast - for hotkey CancelCast

2) Sous Chef - Provisioning Helper - Provisioning Helper ))

3) AI Research Grid - Research mnitoring

4) SkyShards

5) Inventory Item Borders - display equipped items quality and durability.

6) SoftcapInfo - addon displays the softcap for each stat.

7) Combat Log Statistics (CLS) - full combat log.

8) Dustman - for cleaning inventory

9) Bank Manager - automatic transfer item in\out from bank.

10) Item Saver - to mark item in inventory.

11) Borrower And Lender - NPC Muter -  to shutup some annoing NPC.

My addon list - update:

12) MobileBank -  remote bank and inventories from all yours alts.

13) BatmanStoreFilter - more filtering options to the guild store. Its even more useful then "Guild Store Search"!!!!

14) JunkBuster - a new level of inventori cleaning.

15) MultiCraft and Stack Split Slider and Junkee -  small things that should be built in normal interface.

Edited by Ater

We need to update this list of addons. Let's share here what addons we use.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.