Lodge is looking for skilled players to fill following projects slots in our guild:

PvE Raid Core - we successfully filled existing gaps within our Core and are recruiting to complement it with additional "reserves". We looking forward to 2x DDs, 1x Healer, 1x Tank. Read more here for requirements and follow the instructions to join!

PvP Core - Please welcome @HawksHeart as our new PvP General. From this point on, we are looking forward to 1 more PvP General and skilled players to fill our PvP Core.

Roleplaying - Although we managed to recruit half a dozen RP enthusiasts to our RP Initiative, we still have RP Officer position open. If you are an avid RP player with extensive experience in RPing, please join us now! Additional slots for RP players are also available!

Social Players - currently recruiting towards our Social recruitment slots - invitation only by interview. Please contact me in-game (@Glevissig) for it.

Sign in to follow this  
Sal

Post 50 tips

Good thing I destroyed all those treasure maps because I was sure I would not be visiting the other factions with my main and was sure I would not lvl an alt...

Some good advice though. 

I will be trying veteran content at rank 1 though. I mean, I just want to know. The difference in levels sounds like a problem, but grinding till lvl 3... Not really looking forward to that tbh. Do you have any idea what the healthpool is of a rank 5 boss? 

I am happy to see my efforts at CC'ing, dodging and thus having a hard time killing things fast will pay off in the end :) I just hope I can train to be fast enough to get out of red stuff.

Thanks for the tips, it's very helpful :D

omg...I destroyed them yesterday :(

The difficulty is not good news...I enjoy playing relaxed not challanged but we'll see how bad it is...

The problem with doing veteran dungeons at V1 is that as far as i can tell just like in WoW and other MMORPGs there are stiff penalties for fighting anything 3+ levels from you, taking extra damage and dealing reduced damage.

My first attempt was at Fungal Grotto, we wiped on the first trash group because everyone was hitting his own mob and you simply can't heal non-tanks taking continuous dmg. The second attempt went a bit better, in Spindellchurch (or whatever) we managed to kill the first boss after a couple of wipes, again caused by non-tanks taking dmg from the adds. Once we cleared it's adds the first boss was easy and dropped V5 blue drop. But the 2nd boss is impossible as it does huge AoE around him that is hard to avoid and almost 1-shoots non-tanks with 1.5k-2k HP. On top of that he gradually reduces the room size by by collapsing the ceiling so at some point you have no room to dodge the AoE, we managed to bring him to like 80% HP i don't remember the exact number. The tank in the group told me that it's like that in all 3 dungeons - the second boss is gear check.

That and the fact that the drop is V5 (making it useless for quite some time) made me stop trying them before V3 at least not with PUGs

Now i can't comment on the other group member skills/gear but i was having quite the trouble healing with mostly V1 gear 50% of it blue, greatly overcharged Magika and, magika regen and i would like to think better then average skills. This was mostly caused by non-tanks taking way too much damage, thus my comment about need for CC and agro management. 

BTW the repair bills are becoming huge with 250g+ per item so the total bill is easily 1.5k+

I don't think you get veteran points (exp.) from mobs and the best way to level is by doing quests that give much needed gold as well. I did all of the quests in the first zone of the Covenant and that brought me to V2, which coincidently is the level of the mobs in the 2nd zone, which makes me believe that it's roughly 1 level per zone, for a total of 5 levels for your second faction and 5 levels from your 3rd faction stories, bringing you to V10 at the end.

Edited by Sal
  • Upvote 1

ye, I was afraid of the level difference.

like you said, it's the same in WoW. They pretty much copied the concept, which is nice. 

I tried this evening the group dungeon in Coldharbour (level 47)...unbelievable hard...I cannot even imagine veteran dungeon even harder...I have a bad feeling about the moment when the funny part (quests, exploring) would be over and the remaining part of the game would be only such dungeons :(

So as soon as you start another faction's quest line the rewards are adjusted to veteran lvl as is the diffuculty? Btw nice tips and info @slachev, they will come in handy since im aiming for Tamriel Hero achievement.

Edited by Morier

The fact I'm hearing Veteran dungeons being really really hard is amazing news in my book. I am really looking forward to them now and hope not too many people start whining it's too hard.

People are different, Pduj.

Some of them (like my son or you) want game content to be as challenging (hard) as possible.

Some others, like myself, consider that there enough challenges in real life (job, family etc.) and gaming should be for fun and relaxation after a hard working day.

I read some topics on official forum where people were complaining about Doshia and Mannimarco's nerfing saying that the game is too easy and people will become vetarans without knowing how to block or where to put skills and so on.

There were others saying that boss X (Doshia for example) is too hard and they died 50 times and still can't beat her.

Half (meaning 50%, I'm not exagerating) of topics in official forum are about people complaining they cannot beat Molag Bal in game's final fight.

It's not an easy job for the producers to set the difficulty to a level where both groups of people (who like challenges and who like to play relaxed) are happy.

• Upvote 1

Well, I died on Mannimarco fight (when releasing rescuing the guy before the famous redguard - won't give names to avoid spoilers) for 2-3 times in a row. And when I beat him, I realized what I was doing wrong and learned from it - realization of a new tactics in my example. I strongly believe game should be challenging and hard. I fought Doshia as DC DK during Betas, failed at least for 5 times - but eventually beat her with help of potions - until that moment I wasn't really using pots, that fight taught me the importance of consumables.

Edited by Gelmir

The above is exactly why I like challenging content. At the moment ZOS already has both challenging and relaxing content, if you stumble upon a boss you can't beat then stop beating your head and go do something else. Come back later when you have more potions or skills. If you feel like being challenged, try it now. I died 2 times on Mannimarco because I didn't know how to use my weapon swap as properly as I should.

I am not attacking you on this, but 'relaxing' player demanding challenging content to be brought down to 'relaxing' level annoys me to no end. There are indeed two types of players, but don't go whining and taking away my content just because I play for both a challenge and relaxation sometimes (again, not to you, but saw this ruin MMO's left and right)

• Upvote 2

Updates:

- Killing mobs gives veteran points (exp.)

- CE Treasure maps in the second zone where the content is V2 give V2 items - so hold on to them.

@Serana, there is no mandatory content, if you don't like how hard the dungeons are - don't do them. When you are finished with all 3 stories, start an alt or whatever. The content will end at some point, that doesn't mean you will be forced into veteran dungeons and Trials.

Edited by Sal
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for info Sal. I reached veteran rank yesterday evening but didn't have the mood to fight Molag so I will try him after Easter break. And a short clarification: I said I have enough challenges in real life so I play for fun and relaxation only. This doesn't mean I'll not try the difficult content. Ok, I curse and swear a lot but I do it. I have already done all group dungeons except Coldharbour. And I don't go to official forum to complain about difficulty or ask to be dumbed down.

It is sad though, if you don't get to do the end part of the story because it is too hard.

That said I like the normal/hard modes there sometimes is in games, because it levels it out a bit. And I do think there should be content to satisfy all kinds of players. If things get too easy they get boring, there has to be some challenge. The level of that challenge though is different for different people, and in the best of worlds all can have fun :)

Like right now I'm really annoyed by all those players standing waiting for mini-bosses to spawn, so they can kill and get xp/gold/whatever, it makes public dungeons, which have stories mind, a race to click, not of fight tactics as it should.

Also not all can spend the amount of time inside the games as it might take to do hard stuff :) but I think this applies for many of us :)

update: I finished main story and moved to second faction territory.

I admit I was a bit scared about Molag Bal, reading thousands of complains in official forum like "Molag Bal the impossible", "Is Molag Bal even solo-able?" and so on.

I'll say it directly: it was (almost) too easy for a Daedric Prince. It probably depends on character build but for me...I almost felt like cheating (1 hit kills against level 50 opponents), my health never dropped below 50%.

In this case, I agree with Pduj that it should stay like it is, no nerf needed.

And I feel some satisfaction that at least my solo-build (because my group build - tank - is clearly a mess) was good since I won at first try while thousands others have difficulties.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.