Sign in to follow this  
Gelmir

[Week 3] Weekly Guild Newsletter

Hey all! Guild report at the end of Week #3 :)

Guild Wars 2: Where We Stand & What We Plan

As you know we are planning to kickstart PvE raiding in future. It was planned to be soon, but we decided to do this in an organic fashion, instead of rushing it. We will be recruiting more to fill our ranks and once we reach 75-member marker, we will be checking the pulse of the guild towards these Projects. If necessary, we will be recruiting specifically towards them and get things rolling. But we won't be forcing ourselves towards the Raid Cores, as it might be dangerous for such a young guild as ours to do so, at this moment. It might end with implosion of the community, a collapse, before we even start things. So instead, we will be focusing on growing for now, and knowing each other better, in order to become a community in real sense of it.

Our dear officers @Blackheart and @Slavic Varg are and will be organizing some nice events for us in coming weeks and months just to achieve this goal. I will be more involved in the guild from now on: I will be honest - after ESO fiasco, I was kind of burned with MMOs, feeling let down and frustrated. That's why I couldn't play any MMO for few weeks. But thanks to some nice members we have, I started to feel at home in GW2 again and hopefully, we will be seeing one another a lot from here on, in-game. 

So, please try to join our events in a regular basis and let's get this nice community into motion, into growth!

Some Concerns

Of course, as with every guild, we happen to have some problems as well. And I couldn't do otherwise but notice few of them:

• Chat Norms: I noticed some "below the belt" language on our Discord channels. Although we are 18+ guild, it doesn't mean we have to lower our norms to that level. I received some concerns regarding this - initially I was planning to let this first incident slide, but because many people objected to it, I have to ask everyone: please let's watch the level of civility on our chat rooms - voice or otherwise. We have certain level of quality we strive for and let's work together to achieve that.

• Black temporarily leaving the guild: We had small misunderstanding about the goals of the guild among the members of our higher echelon. Our esteemed friend @Blackheart thought I want to create hardcore PvE Raiding guild, completely disregarding our social side. He had to leave as he couldn't find me available to discuss things. This incident was totally on me, as I had to take small break from all MMOs and kind of had bad communication with my staff. After a small discussion, we solved our communication problems. I personally apologize for the situation and thankfully we averted big problems those might have caused.

That's all good folk! See you in-game! -- Gelmir