Lodge is looking for skilled players to fill following projects slots in our guild:

PvE Raid Core - we successfully filled existing gaps within our Core and are recruiting to complement it with additional "reserves". We looking forward to 2x DDs, 1x Healer, 1x Tank. Read more here for requirements and follow the instructions to join!

PvP Core - Please welcome @HawksHeart as our new PvP General. From this point on, we are looking forward to 1 more PvP General and skilled players to fill our PvP Core.

Roleplaying - Although we managed to recruit half a dozen RP enthusiasts to our RP Initiative, we still have RP Officer position open. If you are an avid RP player with extensive experience in RPing, please join us now! Additional slots for RP players are also available!

Social Players - currently recruiting towards our Social recruitment slots - invitation only by interview. Please contact me in-game (@Glevissig) for it.

Sign in to follow this  
Gelmir

Idea to Discuss: Trading in Lodge

Hello folks,

As you know we are reaching 50 members, as a result of which we will have a Guild Store. This means trading in-guild. But in ESO we also have Trading guilds, so how reconcile these guilds with our own?

Also in past, we had overcrowding problem in Lodge - meaning, after reaching certain numbers in the Roster (I believe it was after 150 marker), people started to ask to halt the recruitment efforts, stating "we should first know our guild mates and create a sense of family in the guild, before we add more and more names to the Roster". Those were reasonable ideas/requests, and back then we actually did halt our recruitment efforts. By the way, this happened in ESO, not in some other game. And of course, back then we were only a PvE/PvP guild, with no Trading perspectives (as the term implies nowadays, in ESO).

So, to put these two factors to the perspective: I think for end-game purposes, we won't need more than 100 people in Roster. After that marker, we will be recruiting socials, even if we continue recruitments at all. And as you might know, in Lodge we do things in project-basis, meaning everything, including PvE and PvP endgame, or even RP, is a project where that project has an Overseer (e.g. Raid Leaders, RP masters etc) and related group who join that project. So by my count, our Raid Cores won't need more than 100. And I suggest we also create a Trade project where we will have Guild Store utilized. Of course we will need a dedicated Master Merchant to organize and lead this endeavor. This Trade project, as all our projects will have to be organized in a serious manner, with quality traders enlisted in it. We can use remaining few hundred slots in Roster to this end.

What you guys say? Let's discuss this topic.

I agree about the limit of about 100. In my experience, above this number I start to lose track of who is who and I stop being attached to the guild or to involve. Or worse, I play with same people from times guild was 50 members even if now it's 200 (cliques/factions). But we are far from that stage now, I can barely see 4-5 ppl online in prime time.

About the trading, I doubt it would work. You need a good location trader on a consistent basis to convince members to use internal store vs a trading guild, which is insanely expensive. Plus that it's hard to separate members. If you have 500, it's 500, you cannot say those 100 are social/pve, we talk with them but we ignore the others 400 because they are not social but for trading. You'll end up as a LFG/trading guild where noone knows anyone but just use chat for LFG and store to trade.

• Thanks 1

Since I am new to the game and still trying to grasp the core mechanics, this post might come off as a bunch of questions, rather than as feedback, but I still hope it will be valuable to the discussion (especially for noobies like me).

Member Limit / Projects: These two are obviously related. As far as I understand guild activity will be directed by project leaders for each aspect of the game that the community wants to participate in, and these projects will be organized through the Clubs functionality of the website  (which seems awesome). Once these clubs are formed, isn't it safe to assume that guild members will spend most of their time with the teams of the projects they are most interested in? If yes, then the more projects there are, the more members will be needed to fill in the ranks, especially since the guild is marketed as semi-hardcore, and as neaNicu pointed out the % of active players during prime time is low. That would, of course, depend on the # of projects: is it expected to eventually have 3 PvP clubs for each faction? Also, are there going to be separate PvE projects for raiding, pledges, and even for leveling? Maybe also more than 1 RP project? If I am understanding the guild organization correctly, it seems that even if we don't engage in trading, more guild members = healthier projects. Is this making sense?

Maybe I could explain this more clearly, if I briefly describe my experience in the game thus far. It is my third (or fourth?) week in ESO, and I am playing quite often, since I am hooked, and I've had some free time. I re-rolled, and now my main is a 21st level magica nightblade. Therefore, raiding and farming end-game gear seem like a long way away (especially since my free time is over), meaning that at this point I can't join the Daily Pledges, much less the raiding core. However, I enjoy PvP in this game, and I would love to join the PvP club once it is up. In a few (or several) months, as I build my character, I might like to join the raiding core, thus filling  in the ranks. The same could be true for other new players, which makes them a long term investment, so that there is never a scarcity of active members in neither of the projects.

Trading: I really like the trading system in ESO , but I am still confused about some of its mechanics. Since I like the crafting system, I am slowly but surely hoarding materials and doing regular trait research, which means that I will definitely start trading at some point. If there is a Trade Project in Lodge, will it be viable to have a semi-good trading location, comparative to a small trading guild? Also, to solve the communication problem neaNico put forward, maybe project-specific chat could be done via Discord?

• Thanks 1

Just to clarify few points @Umbrik has put forward:

Member Limit and Projects: Yes you actually summed up things quite well. Regarding PvP project, I think we would have only one Project for AD faction, since the guild has AD origins. Extending our member base across 3-faction-PvP would require quite a lot of people and resources to manage it - that'd be a nightmare for me, for officers and we would be required to have like 60+ members dedicated to PvP only. Instead, my idea is, since almost everyone have alts from different factions, it'd be somewhat feasible to dedicate our PvP wing to AD only and be done with that. Of course, this whole PvP topic is in drafting stage anyway, only ideas are flying around.

ADDENDUM/EDIT: Regarding Dungeon/Pledge clubs - we won't have a club dedicated to such small and widely performed activities. Regarding RP - I am not RPer but I love it. I never RP, but if an RPer member comes to me and says "I love RP'ing, let's create RP project in Lodge, I will lead it and we will need recruiting RPers for that", I am up for that 100%. This was the same back in Rift, we had a small RP group (which lasted only for a few months; in a very small group once few key figures stop playing, it dies unfortunately), the same can happen here as well. RP adds quality to the guild, quality to the memberbase and generally atmosphere in guild chat becomes quite more positive in general (I believe it's because RPers are creative people and their influence brings positives).

In general, I am not yet providing final thoughts on this matter, as we are still gathering feedback from you guys. I'd rather sit and listen to everyone and see what they say, gather more ideas, and only then start decision-making process.

Thanks everyone for the input! I still need more people to share their ideas. Even if you don't have your own, but agree with someone else's thoughts, please say so. That way, some thoughts will weigh more, kinda like voting...

Edited by Gelmir
EDITED, read ADDENDUM

I agree with the 100 member limit, maybe a bit less would be optimal.

I would rather say that don't go for the trading route, we have a guild store but that is currently between the members, to make it anywhere worthwhile for the guild and members we would need to hire a guild trader. And to do that we would need a lot more players in the guild to sustain any kind of trader as other guilds are bidding for them every week.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Ok, I believe I got enough input :) This project is not sustainable, so its binned. Thanks everyone for your input.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.