Sign in to follow this  
Guest Aevyn

Gearchecks, Round 2

Guest Aevyn

Kay, short and simple - 

I see some people that are not paying much attention to their gear as I'd like, from runes to gear quality to effort put into it, so I'll be doing another round of gearchecks.

I'll give people 3 weeks (by 31st March, with checks starting the 27th) to fix their gear, because doing Crucia with 56 blue essences is a bit silly imho.

I will not post minimum requirements, if you need help with gearing for raid there's already a sticky in this forum, or you can PM me any questions.

After 31st of March, any that I feel have not worked enough on their gear, will be ineligible for any loot and lose all raid invite priority until they fix it. Also, we will be actively recruiting to replace people who have not met those expectations, and if a replacement is found, their RaidCore spot is forfeit.

Example -

April 1st deadline, Aevyn's gear is found to be inadequate. We used to be full on rogues for the Raid Core, but now we will be recruiting 1 Rogue. Aevyn can attend raids, but cannot roll on any gear, unless it will be runebroken. Aevyn can signup to raids, but will be last priority to join them. Later that day, a Rogue meeting expectations is recruited. Aevyn is no longer part of the RaidCore, and we are now full on rogues again.

I understand this may come across as harsh to some, or too "hardcore" for guild standards. Well, this is not about being "hardcore". This is about respecting the other 19 people in raid with you and their work and commitment towards improving to get that last % out of that last boss and feel rightfully awesome about it.

Note - 

This does not mean I expect full epics. I know not all have the time to grind that elusive purple drop at the last boss in Experts each day and hope it isn't needed by someone else in group as well, or get every single BiS essence immediately. I do think though that people can understand when their gear is not up to par to what is expected and they can use common sense to see where they need to improve. If help is needed, again, you can PM me in game or on forums and I'll guide you through it.

Guest Aevyn

Alright I'm only missing about 5 out of 29 ppl in RaidCore, I've been online quite a bit checking for people. Some, as they know, owe the raid some improvements and I'll be re-inspecting them very soon to check if they fixed what they were lacking.

Of the rest I've not seen online, I'll just have to do an improptu check pre raids if that is the only time I'm able to catch you, and act accordingly.

As the people I've inspected know, I've expanded these checks to specs as well in accordance to updated RaidCore Guidelines, and will be checking logs if suggestions I made in that area were worked on as well.

You guys know I'm being far from harsh, so don't make me be please, thank you ^^

Guest Lonewolfxxx

I'm not saying its a bad thing or anything but i don't think its a good thing to kick some one from raid-core because they are missing a few essences.

Gear can take you so far but just because you are geared doesn't mean you are good. e.g some one that's in full relics but they die alot of the time to raid mechanics wont be much help in raids, but the guy missing a few essences that has good raid awareness gets kicked instead.

Guest Aevyn

Hence the note in the very first post from 3 weeks ago, and the rest of the updated guidelines. Good to know stuff is being read. ^^

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.