Lodge is looking for skilled players to fill following projects slots in our guild:

PvE Raid Core - we successfully filled existing gaps within our Core and are recruiting to complement it with additional "reserves". We looking forward to 2x DDs, 1x Healer, 1x Tank. Read more here for requirements and follow the instructions to join!

PvP Core - Please welcome @HawksHeart as our new PvP General. From this point on, we are looking forward to 1 more PvP General and skilled players to fill our PvP Core.

Roleplaying - Although we managed to recruit half a dozen RP enthusiasts to our RP Initiative, we still have RP Officer position open. If you are an avid RP player with extensive experience in RPing, please join us now! Additional slots for RP players are also available!

Social Players - currently recruiting towards our Social recruitment slots - invitation only by interview. Please contact me in-game (@Glevissig) for it.

Sign in to follow this  
Gelmir

Wildstar MMO

Review is here: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/26/wildstar-review

I will be purchasing it today and giving it a shot. Serana and Nuin, if you want, my purchase comes with 3x 7-day trial keys, I can share. You could come in and taste the game. Let me know. If I like it, I might launch Lodge there. Future will tell.

My other guild is heavily into Wildstar and I see pictures and such on their forum.

My feeling is that the game is good IF you can get passed the cartoonish graphics, which I can't.

Same reason that I didn't play Borderlands.

Noone is asking you to spend a money on it. People sell their trial keys man :P Don't you want to try it for yourself, and at least design-wise (not graphics) see how sandbox MMOs look like?! Plus, as you said earlier, if this many people like it, there definitely must be something about it right?

I suppose you are interested in this:

"Carbine Studios has always been adamant that WildStar would cater to hardcore players with its post-cap group content, most notably with the decision to include raiding in both the 20 and 40-man varieties – a trend MMOs have largely recoiled from due to their exclusive nature."

and this:

"The attunement process for raiding actually requires most of this challenging content to be completed with medal, in addition to slaying world bosses, grinding reputation, and collecting endgame currency through daily quests."

and this?

"Like every MMORPG, the success or failure of WildStar will ultimately land on the shoulders of its endgame. WildStar’s wealth of existing post-cap content is both rewardingly, brutally hard, and varied enough that there’s something for everyone."

BTW, NC Soft aren't the guys with GW2?

I don't really care about end-game (maybe I'll be interested, maybe not) mainly because I enjoy playing relaxed not "brutally hard content" :)

But I know for sure that in order to play I need at least:

- a decent-looking character to be emotionally attached to (not Tera or League of Angels but decent-looking)

- a 1st person camera or 3rd person from behind (no top-down like in Path of Exile for example). If it's like ESO or GW2 it's ok.

If you have spare trial codes, of course I can try but judging from pictures I'm not sure it's for me.

Again, judging just from some pictures, Archeage looks more "human" in respect of characters but since you want to play after release, there are some months until then.

Edited by Serana

Yea I read those. Anyway, install the game, create your account and once done, ask here for keys, I will PM it to you. NCSoft is the same publisher who distributes GW2, yes. GW2 is created by ArenaNET and Wildstar is developed by Carbine Studios. Same with Rift and Archeage: both games are distributed by Trion.

Wildstar... That might be a game for you, Gelmir.

Basically, it's WoW Vanilla, set in "SF", and with telegraphs because telegraphs are da shit (since The Secret World, I think :P). Biggest emphasis is on end game raids which apparently are very cool, hardcore and all.

You get to max level and the game starts.

Which is one of the reasons I hated it. For me, a game that's boring level 1 to max and only starts when you're max lvl utterly fails :) Second and main reason is I couldnt stand the art direction. Seriously. I made an Aurin (because I wanted to test with a few friends and they went to that faction), and wanted to shoot my screen every time I saw it hoping around in that bright colored forest of a setting... Nuin would probably hate it too. Female toons are basically a pair of boobs, an ass, and something vague to link the two together :P

Edited by Chsei

My other guild is heavily into Wildstar and I see pictures and such on their forum.

My feeling is that the game is good IF you can get passed the cartoonish graphics, which I can't.

Same reason that I didn't play Borderlands.

Actually, Wildstar with Borderlands looks would be awesome.

Certainly better than the actual Wildstar "Teletubbies meets Pr0nstarz" look... :D

Character creation is bad indeed, doesn't even compare with ESO. I got scared when I saw what game is proposing by default.

Ugly pff. Then as I said, I worked for 1 hour to get something nice-looking, I changed a lot to face shape, nose, mouth, eyes (too big!), hair, colors etc. Names are very retrictive, without spaces etc and very few options.

But at least it's not Tera or Gw2 to start dressed with a 5 cm skirt :)) Gear is decent here.

You are right about some parts of the body being exagerated :) but later in the game when you put some armor instead of the shirt, it's bearly noticeable.

Much to my surprise, once you get past character creation, it's nice. Really nice.

I'm clearly not into brutal raids but so far impresions are positive.

Edited by Serana

Already gave up on WS? 

yup... 2 days and done...

It was not the character. It was the world. Wherever I looked, I saw Disney :)