Lodge is looking for skilled players to fill following projects slots in our guild:

PvE Raid Core - we successfully filled existing gaps within our Core and are recruiting to complement it with additional "reserves". We looking forward to 2x DDs, 1x Healer, 1x Tank. Read more here for requirements and follow the instructions to join!

PvP Core - Please welcome @HawksHeart as our new PvP General. From this point on, we are looking forward to 1 more PvP General and skilled players to fill our PvP Core.

Roleplaying - Although we managed to recruit half a dozen RP enthusiasts to our RP Initiative, we still have RP Officer position open. If you are an avid RP player with extensive experience in RPing, please join us now! Additional slots for RP players are also available!

Social Players - currently recruiting towards our Social recruitment slots - invitation only by interview. Please contact me in-game (@Glevissig) for it.

Sign in to follow this  
neaNicu

ArcheAge closed beta

Yeah... Received a mail as I subscribed for the beta... "Secure your beta access, buy a founders pack!"... Yeah right... I just would like to test it... CB or OB, we'll see. But I dont have much hope.

There's another big MMO that may be something. Black desert online? Something with Black and online... That one seemed more promising...

But then... Its always promising until you get your hands on it (look at Wildstar... On paper, I was sold... then I tested it and hated it :P )

That mail actually said you were already signed up for beta. And invited you to buy the game and be eligible for ALL events, including current Alphas.

Yeah I know :) Its a way to sell the game... Like early access thats becoming popular...

But I'll wait until I get in the beta the goold ol'fashioned way :)

Some say game has nothing beyond top level. Only ship fights and farming...

housing/farming is not instanced and just for paying members, at least on launch.

Yea I know that. Problem isn't with paying though... I need an endgame :P

The discussion here is endless Gelmir and I doubt any developer could please all customers.

You are obviously more experienced but in these 3 months I read a lot on forums about end-game in MMOs.

You want raids to be happy but if they give you raids 2 things will also happen:

- so called "gear treadmill" which lots of people hate

- raid gear will become more powerful than crafted gear which also will make lots of people (especially in ESO) unhappy.

Difficult to please anyone.

We obviously need something to keep us busy (and subscribing) after maximum level but what? That's the question :)

Hopefully monthly updates/expansion will be enough even for those like me playing daily.

I still didn't experience all types of end-game but maybe I like RP most.

PVP I played too less so I cannot say much.

I tried some PVE nights with guild and it was ok, strong team. While I do like learning powerful builds, owning epic gear & weapon etc, i feed I could do it maybe

weekly but not more often. Playing 3 hours without break difficult dungeon after difficult dungeons it's not exactly my idea of fun & relaxation.

I can do it sometimes but I don't enjoy it too often.

Plus the TS. It's one thing to just explore solo and if wife want to talk, ok, pause or logout and it's another thing to be in the middle of veteran dungeon with 3 other people and also on TS, obviously you cannot interrupt so this kinda isolates from family. I would not do raids 3 days/week that's for sure.

RP instead is superfun, even in 3-4 people. I cannot even imagine how it would be in more people.

Not only the story itself but also the chat replies are funny :)

But I'm obviously more interested in road (levelling) than in destination (end-game) :P

Well, of course you are correct regarding gear: crafted gear ALWAYS have to be weaker than raid loot. Why? Its simple:

1. Crafted gear's job should be to prepare you for harder tasks than what is there besides open world questing and dungeons - raids. Crafted gear is always more than enough for everything below raiding. And if you don't want raiding, you don't need anything above that gear. If you had raid grade gear for open world stuff and dungeons, you'd be OP [over-powered] which would break game - and it does eventually, as raid geared people sometimes become so OP'ed that they do dungeons ALONE! :) That's not bad for them in particular at that point, because they don't need dungeon loot anyway. They become mentors there, easing the path for newcomers to get dungeon loot + crafted loot and prepare for raids, which is good.
  2. Raid gear should have tiers, as a result of tiered raids. Once you gather tier-1 gear from tier-1 raids, you also learn techniques of beating tier-1 raid bosses. This prepares you for harder tier-2, where you use the earned tier-1 gear. And learn tier-2 boss tactics, much harder ones. And prepare for tier-3 and so on.

The best part of all this, isn't about gear though. If you happened to read Lodge's guild introduction message, there I tried to stress the importance of the ENDS over the MEANS. :) When you achieve these goals, the social aspect of the guild develops so well, that you become like "family". Its not like doing dungeons with 4-5 guys, its TWENTY bloody people :D You improve relations there, develop sync'ed TEAMWORK and socialize. It's extremely fun, rewarding - in every sense of the word, especially when your guild isn't so called ELITIST garbage, meaning you won't be bashed for every small failures -, and - keyword comes here next - PROGRESSIVE, meaning you will feel getting somewhere with every raid cleared. Every penny you pay for your game gets to have a merit. 

That's why we call it MASSIVELY M-player Online game. When you play with 4 others, its just M-player. Playing as a team, in coordination with much many people makes it massive. It's not world events done with hundreds that make the game massively m-player, because that aspect, in nutshell, has no soul. You just bash your way through with zero social interaction - you can do that in m-player strategy games, in a much cheaper way: something like playing League of Legends or DOTA 2 without socializing. Just click, click and click. A player paying 15 bucks every week, can't live much longer in an MMO, by just clicking only, or pressing the same set of buttons only. We seen many of such people, they disappear eventually.

And about the family and not being able to raid thrice a week: that's totally understandable. For people like me, its relaxing: after work, three times a week I come to raid with my guild for 3 hrs, from 9pm to the midnight (our GMT+2, or EE(S)T timezone). During those 9 hours in total, I don't do anything else: no crafting, no dungeons, only raids. I organize, I teamup and I go to learn specific boss mechanics, by wiping over and over again until that bugger is dead, for straight 3 hours everyday  :) During that time, you don't even need to talk on TS, just listen to your raid leader's directives, that's it. Hell, I was guildmaster and in my Rift lifetime (2 yrs), I talked on TS only once.

The so called road in such games ends much abruptly, as it should;ve been the case in ESO (which was the main reason all left this game). ESO tried to prolong it, thrice over. :) Which is absurd of course. Because once the "road" finishes, people desire for something epic, and MMOers call that the "endgame".

And I am officially retracting my negative thoughts about ArcheAge. Just talked to an alpha player, its a wonder to come :D

I am familiar with your view, Gelmir but however:

- this means there should be separate pvp gear because otherwise, raiders would go to pvp and destroy everything

- it would be difficult to convince Skyrim fans to accept raider gear being more powerful than their craftable gear. You know in skyrim crafting was Godlike as compared to crap lootable gear (even Dragon Priest masks become crap to the end-game)

- lore issues -> each of your 20 raiders have already beat Mannimarco & Molag Bal alone. Now, how can a raid boss be so strong that 20 people together struggle to win against him? Is that boss Akatosh or even stronger? :) Non-sense lore-wise :P

I agree with you that a "carrot" is needed for people to play dungeons & trials. But maybe that carrot is not gear but something cosmetic, like a nice pet, there are a lot of people asking for cats, dogs and so on. Or a costume. Plus socialization & fun.

Anyway, enough off-topic :)

On-topic: Archeage looks nice and I know about Lineage. Didn't play it myself but was well-known in Romania just that most people were playing it on private servers, free-to-play, not on official server.

Anyway, to be honest with you, those packs of Archeum & Gold are maybe too expensive for a game about which we don't know too much but I am willing to pay for the Silver pack if you plan to play it. And if it grants access to housing, which is important to me.

And I do know some other people very interested in this game.

Edited by Serana

No no no no. Don't spend a dime for Archeage. We are totally done with hype! Not a single cent for any game, no pre-bloody-orders, no nothing. Game launches, months pass, I watch videos and only then, I move in. I am done with God-damn hyping and cheerleading :) I strongly advise the exactly same thing to my friends as well. Don't do that! Your money is hard earned time-investment of yours, no hype is worth a cent of it!

And yea, guess you are right about lore side of things and ESO. Well, but the otherwise won't work. So, in short, GOOD BYE ESO! :P

Nostalgia and getting bound by it is very dangerous thing: coz of it WOW fanboys couldn't let go off WOW for several years - WOW had to go Panda for them to realize its past due time :) Just make sure it's worth it really! I was that attached to Rift after F2P, but had to let go off it sooner or later. Anyway, have fun! :P

Aaaa...Gelmir, Panda was published 8 years after base game...I play ESO just since 3 months :)

Even you played Rift for 2 years? :P

The point was us not accepting that ship is sinking. I kept playing Rift even after game went F2P and had evident signs of P2W.

Gelmir, is it true that level 30+ zones are open world pvp? So you go relaxed and peacefully to craft and the guys gank you? Like in DayZ?

Are they crazy? This will put a lot of people off!

I think PvP flag can be put OFF, as in all MMOs.

Btw, I am in Beta. Created Merigold and Francesca already, mostly to see the capabilities of character creator machine. Verdict: only 2 races there have good female toon creation capacity - the rest are rather Far Eastern themed. Male toon face models are girly faces as well, which are distasteful for me, so didn't like any of the races for potential male toon. Couldn't even create a toon resembling Geralt in the very least - whatever I tried, was like "Geralt-in-skirt" themed :D I will share my character face-map saves here once I get home after work.

well, when I first saw ESO character creation, I was a bit dissapointed that I cannot just give a picture / photo and import it in game. Then, I learned that character creation could be way worse than in ESO :)

well, when I first saw ESO character creation, I was a bit dissapointed that I cannot just give a picture / photo and import it in game. Then, I learned that character creation could be way worse than in ESO :)

Well, if you mean character creation - as in the number of features, mechanisms and organics - in ArcheAge it is way better than its counterpart in ESO.

Attached are my character creation saves. Put them in the same folder as your already existing ones, and check out :P

And here are some screenshots of this head-meshes:

post-1-0-17059300-1406831118_thumb.jpgpost-1-0-11851000-1406831124_thumb.jpgpost-1-0-06253800-1406831131_thumb.jpgpost-1-0-82560400-1406831136_thumb.jpgpost-1-0-91048300-1406831141_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-64247800-1406831146_thumb.jpgpost-1-0-02250000-1406831152_thumb.jpgpost-1-0-51850100-1406831157_thumb.jpgpost-1-0-55053300-1406831162_thumb.jpgpost-1-0-63050700-1406831167_thumb.jpg

characters.rar

Can't open the archive, maybe because I didn't buy the game yet but the pics definitely look nice!

I'll return too late for current beta but please let us know your impressions.

Uhm, I am not really playing it. Too boring :P I think I am getting too old for MMOs. Let me marry first, get my priorities reviewed and reordered, we will talk again! Hehehe.

Ooooooh yeah... Trust me, some MMO's will make your eyes bleed at character creation... :)