Lodge is looking for skilled players to fill following projects slots in our guild:

PvE Raid Core - we successfully filled existing gaps within our Core and are recruiting to complement it with additional "reserves". We looking forward to 2x DDs, 1x Healer, 1x Tank. Read more here for requirements and follow the instructions to join!

PvP Core - Please welcome @HawksHeart as our new PvP General. From this point on, we are looking forward to 1 more PvP General and skilled players to fill our PvP Core.

Roleplaying - Although we managed to recruit half a dozen RP enthusiasts to our RP Initiative, we still have RP Officer position open. If you are an avid RP player with extensive experience in RPing, please join us now! Additional slots for RP players are also available!

Social Players - currently recruiting towards our Social recruitment slots - invitation only by interview. Please contact me in-game (@Glevissig) for it.

Sign in to follow this  
neaNicu

Matt Almighty

I suppose you all saw (or at least heard about) the movie Bruce Almighty, where Jim Carrey was always complaining about God and about life and finally he is given the chance to replace / be God for 1 week, while the true God (Morgan Freeman) goes in holiday.

Or something like that, it has be a while since I watched it.

I still smile when I remember Jim Carrey walking on water and the song "I've got the power" by Snap in the background :)

(and after that using his newly acquired power to lift girls' skirts on street which Nuin would probably not like :P )

Anyway, let's suppose Matt Firor goes to holiday for 1 week and you are replacing him.

Let's also suppose there are no shareholders, so you have absolute power and that any change could be instantly implemented in ESO.

What would be top 3-5 things you would change in the game. Anything, just anything.

I have read hundreds of complains in official forum, I agree to some of them, I disagree with others.

Some examples: class imbalances, melee vs ranged imbalances, stamina vs magicka builds (dress and staff being more efficient than other builds), veteran zones being too hard, being immersion breaking (fighting against your own faction), being too unrewading in terms of loot and XP, lack of end game, lack of gear treadmill to keep players progressing, lag, bugs, connection errors, no new content and many many others.

What would you change if "God for 1 week"?

Well, first thing Id "remove" are the bugs and disconnections "due to unknown error"...

Second is gear... I'm not for wow like veteran gear, full of neons and flying bits... But some more "sexy" gear wouldnt hurt... Also, please, for once, stop with the floating gear... Swords, shields, hip gear, etc are not supposed to float 30 cm away from the body...

Third: more choices. Like real different ways to progress. Different ways to achieve quests. (heck, the real fun would be to have freedom to choose, like join the Veiled Heritage for real ^^).

1. I don't like men robes. They look like full length dresses. Need some alternative.

Also I want to have a button to make all plants disappear. Then Nuin will go to dungs with me instead of picking flowers. :D

The most important thing - more group content. Some kind of quests/trials/bosses for 2-4 men groups for all kind of levels.

post-2391-0-47603500-1403090018_thumb.jp

This is now Warhammer 40k Online.

...joking aside, I would fix the damn phasing issues.

Then I would add speech bubbles for when you type something in /say. It's the one thing I really miss from WoW - it was easier to get immersed in RP there.

Third, more armour customizations. I'd want something like in Neverwinter Nights 1, where you could change both style and colour. (I know this is planned to be added at a later time, but it really should have been in the game at launch.)

Finally, I'd add guild and player strongholds. Your own area that you can build, upgrade and customize. I personally love that sort of stuff, and it's great for RP as well - if we presume I have already waved my magic wand and fixed the phasing issues. ;)

Ye, thing with strongholds is good. I think they have something like this in plans. Skyrim had addon with houses.

I think we can use group chat for RP and guild chat for discussion. Or even create separate guild only for RP purposes.

@Flavia, you probably already know what I'm writing but anyway: besides 4-man group dungeon, in each zone, even starting at level 5 or something, there is a public dungeon. Normally, 95% of people, enter this public dungeon, group up with other people, solve 1-2 quests, take trophy and shard and go out.

Very few people know that inside such HUGE public dungeons, there are always arround 5 to 7 bosses and also a group challenge.

Some of them are bugged - offer no achievement or just for the guy who last hitted the boss or no skill point for the challenge or the bosses have long respawn times etc. Even on my main character I have still a lot of them to complete.

But we can try to play them together if you wish, on my alt I skipped them to not lose time for grouping.

Also you are right about men having to wear robes, a lot of people would like some options. You could of course wear a disguise / costume but you are right anyway.

@Chsei - you are correct, I noticed too that my staff is not "tied" to my body :))

1. I would add housing. With this I would add new crafting line to make furniture (I miss this from UO and it's good for RP, I'd never ever lvl a lvl more however, as I would be too bussy building a house).

2. Speech bubbles. Why isn't it done already?

3. Make taming a craft. Out with the horses you buy from NPC's, in with actually buying mounts from players. Players can then tame and later on breed mounts to sell. Breeding would need fields, so of course you need housing for that. But taming can be done. (I miss this since UO) 

Yes, I am a farmer inside O.o and if I could I'd never ever kill another creature in game. I only do that because quests needs it, I really don't like fighting thats much.

Really the best fantasy MMORPG I've played was UO, the 2d version... in all those years since the late 90's nothing better has come along. Wurm was fine, but it's too craft heavy for my taste and way too little ways to alter your character. None of the bigger MMO's in recent time really have done a googd balance between fight and quest and craft. Crafting always feels added on and as something you do to make your fighting better. *sigh* I guess when you attract only fighters, you loose the crafters and the heavy crafters go to heavy crafter games, but why the devision? 

Serana, I usually do such dungs solo and even avoid other people just to test myself, but ofc we can do it together. Nuin needs such training most of all, we tried a bit, she has huge progress.

Nuin, breed? housing? Great housewife lives somewhere deep inside of you.  :)

from ESO team to Flavia with love:

ZOS_GinaBruno 

"We've got good news! When our next content update is released next week, you will be able to craft light jerkins."

Oh that's nice :) I want Malva in pants also. I think Khajiits in robes look wrong no matter the gender. 

1st - check.  :)

Now 2nd. Hm... hard one, but I have a plan. We will create tons of bots, they will follow Nuin and eliminate all herbs in 1 km radius. *evil laugh*

I was looking to the headlines in the other guild's forum when I read "Housing pics competition". My heart already jumped, I clicked on topic and...it was a Wildstar event :(

The winner (with most beautiful house) received some prize from the guild and also will be the host of the some guild meeting with group pictures and so on.

I would love something like that in ESO!

1st - check.  :)

Now 2nd. Hm... hard one, but I have a plan. We will create tons of bots, they will follow Nuin and eliminate all herbs in 1 km radius. *evil laugh*

Houston, we have a problem! Was I saying last night to play Coldharbour quests together? Well, it could be harder than I imagined :P

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/112300/coldharbour-more-like-herbharbour

At least Nuin has an incentive to quickly solve last AD zone so she can go to Alchemists' Heaven :)

1. Do 50% (or more) of housework.

I will gather some flowers and water too. I will send everything to you.

2. Do 50% (or more) of emotional support work in your intimate relationships and friendships.

It’s so nice you are doing this. It’s a very necessary and useful job for our guild. I think everybody agrees. Go, girl!

3. Consume cultural products produced by women.

Yippee! Pure high-quality danish feminist potions for all!  

4. Give women space.

If you don't need our help, we won't intrude. Do whatever you wish.

5. … but insert yourself into spaces where you can use your maleness to interrupt sexism.

Just call me if you need some back-up.

Shall I continue? Am I doing good? :D

Hahaha Flavia, but why did you take it over here? 

Relax. :) It's almost impossible to insult or upset me. I am teasing you as always.  :wink2:

Feminism teaches us to show more emotional support and respect, but sometimes even you can be insensitive.

With example above I showed some practical implementation of the steps regarding you and your flower-gathering in silly game. It is easy to follow those steps regarding any matter when it's really needed in RL.

So, guys, don't be lazy, work on yourself and evolve. 

Flavia, we proudly inform you that played 3 dungeons together, including a public dungeon.

And, as we say in romanian "adversarii cadeau ca spicele in urma combinei" (something like "opponents have fallen like wheat after tractor") :P

So we hope you join us for questing last zone :)

However, I have to warn you that Nuin using Pulsar is devastating, it could happen that we get no kill near her.

Edited by Serana

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.