Lodge is looking for skilled players to fill following projects slots in our guild:

PvE Raid Core - we successfully filled existing gaps within our Core and are recruiting to complement it with additional "reserves". We looking forward to 2x DDs, 1x Healer, 1x Tank. Read more here for requirements and follow the instructions to join!

PvP Core - Please welcome @HawksHeart as our new PvP General. From this point on, we are looking forward to 1 more PvP General and skilled players to fill our PvP Core.

Roleplaying - Although we managed to recruit half a dozen RP enthusiasts to our RP Initiative, we still have RP Officer position open. If you are an avid RP player with extensive experience in RPing, please join us now! Additional slots for RP players are also available!

Social Players - currently recruiting towards our Social recruitment slots - invitation only by interview. Please contact me in-game (@Glevissig) for it.

Sign in to follow this  
Nuin

RP event: Sargasso

Non-RP post

LoS first RP event will hopefully happen soon :)

So far 3 people are joining, but more are of course welcome!

Events will take place in Auridon, Kenarthi's Roost and Cyrodiil, so everyone above lvl 10 can join.

(If you are below lvl 10 and want to join, we will figure something out, locations are flexible)

People who have joined:

Tyronus Venurori

Serana

Chsei

Flavia

If anything goes on outside of the game It'll be posted here.

All who takes part in this can post here.

I'm thinking about the form of things and some ground "rules", and feel free to add suggestions or comments and such :)

In game RP is shown through:

Talk

Whisper

Emotes

Guild and group chat is considered non-RP talk.

If letters are needed I think its ok to use both in game mail and pm on forums.

This thread can be used to share RP information (like say a note on a notice board or a book etc.)

But also non-RP information if needed.

So mark posts here with either "non-RP" or "RP" in the beginning of the post :)

When to do the event?

We need to find a date and time that suits all of us to start this. I can be ready at the beginning of next week.

So, let me know what day and time suits you best.

I've no idea how long it will take, I think it really depends on what happens when we try this :)

Edited by Nuin
  • Upvote 1

[NON RP] Normally, any evening after 8pm Brussels time (GMT+1 if Im correct)

Edited by Chsei
  • Upvote 1

Non-RP

Ok I'll suggest tuesday evening.

I'll make an event in calender and you tell me if time is too early/late (I get so confused about the local times and can only operate in Coopenhagen time arrggg)

I take it that you all are happy with tuesday the 10th and the time?

We are five people now, since Flavia joined us :)

I'm very excited about this and hope it will go well O.O

Edited by Nuin

Well, I'll not use the word "excited" for obvious reasons but let's just say I'm very interested :)

And curious. And a bit afraid. As Flavia pointed in another topic, it's first time and I'm not sure what am I supposed to do, how to act etc.

Maybe you'll find a little time until the event to link a noob level video or explain in 2 words how a (generic) RP event should be?

Should I act (write on chat) as Serana? Should I identify with my character?

If so, in my head it's a mess, probably because of different gender I cannot be her, I'm still Dovahkiin from Skyrim and Serana is a very close friend. Did this make any sense? :)

Anyway, it shouldn't be too difficult to pretend because fortunately English words do not have gender. If we were a romanian guild, such topic would be a mess because most of the words are different when write as woman or man and there would be a lot of mistakes.

Example:

English: I'm so excited about the upcoming RP event!

Romanian (male): Sint incintat de urmatorul eveniment RP!

Romanian (female): Sint incintata de urmatorul eveniment RP!

Notice the "a" at the end of the word, which shows that the writer is female.

It's obvious why RP-ing in Romanian would be very difficult :P

• Upvote 1

We can always be in a group during RP, and have Party Chat be "Out Of Character" for questions and such. :) But yeah, RP is a lot like acting. You take on the role of the persona you have, and you write as if you were that person. Kind of like how you already do ingame when you have conversations with questgivers, only you write your own sentences instead of choosing from a number of pre-selected options. ;)

• Upvote 1

Non-RP (I forget sorry O.o)

I think we should group up, so we know where we are :)

I also thought group-chat would be non-RP/out of character, instead of using guildchat.

The idea of RP is to be your character, act and talk like your character would. Like Tyro explained.

He also did this guide. It is very good and I'll recommend you read through it, as it answers many questions (and I might forget to write things).

Basically you do what your character would do (emotes and actions) and say what she would say (or whisper). Probably we can't all the time identify 100% with our characters and their actions, and no one is checking up on you and no one will judge or tell you how to do. If in your head it works for you Serana is a good friend, you still know what she would do and say in most situations.

I won't recommend you to try and be a female if you find it hard. I don't think it will matter much if you play Serana "as a man", as long as you don't try to stand up and pee :P She can be a masculine character, a tough warrior type if you want it :) It's the thoughts and inside which is important in RP (in this one it is). The moral compass if you like.

The character sheet thread, operates with alignments, in this way you decide your core morals and can always go back and act on that by a sort of default. I'm not very good with the alignment system, but it works well for some. I've found this page which explains it in depth (truly in depth but don't read all that O.o), just read the first 5-7 lines for each alignment if you like (to get an idea of how they work). As said the system works well for some, and not at all for others, so only use it if it works for you, not if it restricts you.

From Tyro's guide, I think they are good guidelines:

-Leave RP open so everyone can be part of telling the story.

-Accept that things may not always go the way you “want it toâ€, and that’s part of the fun!

-Know well enough to keep IC and OOC separate. (Fighting IC doesn’t mean you hate each other OOC, having an IC romance doesn’t mean you are a real life couple, etc.)

-Don’t poweremote or metagame (“Tyronus punches Morier in the face, knocking out three teeth that fall out and scatter on the ground.†should in stead be like this: “Tyronus swings his plated fist in an uppercut, trying to strike Morier in the face.†where you give the other person a way to avoid the hit)

-Don’t force “darker†RP on people without knowing that they are okay with it first. For example, don’t try to kill/disfigure/torture another character without asking OOC permission first.

-Don’t break game lore by claiming something crazy, like that your character is the husband of Queen Ayrenn, or that you actually ARE Queen Ayrenn.

-Likewise, we can’t all be the Vestige, so it is best to leave the main plot of the game aside and not use it for your own character story.

RP/IC is through: emotes, say, whisper. non-RP/OOC is through: Groupchat (guildchat). Ask anything there also :)

There is two experienced people, me in the middle and two who are new to RP (correct me if I'm wrong here). I'm sure the experienced two will answer any questions along the way :)

Just don't be scared of doing or saying anything, the only way you can disrupt the story I've planned is if no one shows up :P

And remember: RP is for fun :) Always.

And really don't worry :) I'll be really scared and shy to begin with, because I've never ever done RP events in MMO's before O_O And I'm happy I get to play NPC's some of the time.

[i realize "excited" might translate differently than intended *blush*, what I mean is I'm looking forward to tuesday :) ]

• Upvote 2

Parts will take place in Cyrodiil, so if the campaings are changed we need to all take the same campaign right? So we can group.

Maybe guild will decide for a new one.

[NON RP]

Great news :) Cant wait to be there ;)

Seranna, don't worry :) The goal is to have some fun, discover another aspect of the game.

But if you make a mistake lore-wise, I'll crush you, torture you, and then Ill go to hell to keep torturing your soul!

Kidding ^^ I'm very likely to make mistakes lore wise, can't say Im very familiar with the TES lore and I dont really have the tons of hours needed to read all there is to read. ^^

(dont worry, Tyronus, I read some basics about Bosmers ;) )

• Upvote 2

[NON-RP]

There is no way you could kill Serana in ESO, Chsei, because, lore-wise, she does appear in Skyrim, which is in 4th Era :)

Thanks a lot for info, Nuin, I hope it will go well.

• Upvote 1

Non-RP

Could be RP, could be  bored. I hope it's RP :)

I saw someone pretending to be a beggar in a town, looked like fun, but most just ignored him.

Yeah, that's RP, but with some really strange emotes. I think I explained in my guide that emotes should be descriptive only. They shouldn't explain what the character is thinking, like they are doing in between those asterisks. That should be left open for interpretation, because obviously your own character can't read minds anyway. :)

I think they are doing talk in the *.... * and emotes without... that's how I read it :)

So-so sorry, guys, I won't be able to take part, a bit busy now.

I hope you will have a great time.

Was very fun tonight :D I'm happy you joined.

I can continue this most evenings (except wednesdays) but ofcourse some days I have appointments.

I'll suggest we continue some evening next week, let me know when you can.

• Upvote 2

Next week sounds good since I'll have plans for the rest of this week.

I should be able to make time no matter what day is chosen next week, but, things are kinda changing very fast for me right now (new job and I'm planning to move), so I can't give any exact days or times that I'll be available for sure.

• Upvote 1

I usually play each evening (except maybe for Saturday) so you don't have to ask me in advance.

If it happens an exception, I'll announce it.

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.