Lodge is looking for skilled players to fill following projects slots in our guild:

PvE Raid Core - we successfully filled existing gaps within our Core and are recruiting to complement it with additional "reserves". We looking forward to 2x DDs, 1x Healer, 1x Tank. Read more here for requirements and follow the instructions to join!

PvP Core - Please welcome @HawksHeart as our new PvP General. From this point on, we are looking forward to 1 more PvP General and skilled players to fill our PvP Core.

Roleplaying - Although we managed to recruit half a dozen RP enthusiasts to our RP Initiative, we still have RP Officer position open. If you are an avid RP player with extensive experience in RPing, please join us now! Additional slots for RP players are also available!

Social Players - currently recruiting towards our Social recruitment slots - invitation only by interview. Please contact me in-game (@Glevissig) for it.

Sign in to follow this  
neaNicu

Stagnation?

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do you find leveling in ESO boring? (after answering, feel free to elaborate)

• Yes, very - especially as I reach rank-5 and beyond!
    • Yes, but no idea about VR, as I am low leveled.
    • It is, sometimes! Not always. Boredom isn't the biggest downside of ESO.
    • Nope, it ain't boring - and I am VR-5+ and it's all honkie dorie!
    • Nope, it ain't boring - but I ain't VR yet.
  2. 2. If you think ESO is boring, what do you think is the main reason?

• Questing being the only rewarding aspect of the game, during leveling!
    • Content - it is repetitive.
    • Combat - just boring.
    • Visuals are mediocre. Below my standards (don't check if they ain't below your standards)!
    • Bugs, bugs, bugs (considering latest patches/updates as well - check if you feel this even now, after all patches)
    • PvP - doesn't appeal to me, although I am huge PvP fan (don't check if you ain't PvP lover)
    • Nothing boring here... (choose this option to bypass vote mechanism)

Important Note here: Guys, we are not abandoning ESO! And this discussion isn't about that! Please don't forget that. Don't worry, when we leave ESO, I am sure it will be something like guild's unanymous decision. We are just discussing our options here, watching guild's pulse and determining what our guildies do and don't like about ESO. Based on this information, we will try to come up with some solution! After all, we are a guild - a social entity comprised of real people who've come together to socialize and enjoy their gaming ours with each other. We need to make sure that's the case.

Guys / Flavia, sorry for misunderstading. Maybe it's my English.

All complains above are NOT mine, just read on official forum, which I have do admit, it's kinda depressing to read :(

People have a lot of problems. Especially with the last patch, they can't even login or have crashes. There are hundreds / thousands desperate messages.

That's why I said "others complain".

My personal complain about ESO, the only one which affects me personally for the moment, is the atmosphere, which is clearly lacking the enthusiasm that was few weeks before.

Atmosphere in guild and in game. And I tried to find an explanation from other people's point of view. So I went on FB and official forum to read. Big mistake from my part! :(

That's all.  Other than that, I already said multiple times that I enjoy the game and I'll be the last to leave (someone has to turn off ther lights!) but just because I like it and I really care about ES franchise -> I am worried for its future because I see so many people unhappy.

Is it more clear now?

• Upvote 1

Generally, people come to official forum only to complain and point out any disadvantages. It's always like this with any product. If you see majority of super-positive reviews - they are fake. So, it's quite normal to see such discouraging activity on the official forum. You can't see thousands of happy players. How many of you can't login or have crashes? I think only few.

I'm not tired to repeat: you need AD character. You are not engaged in the guild. Whatever you do, you want feel that atmosphere. Nuin and Tyronus Venurori can't have RP tea party without you. Join us! 

• Upvote 1

Any conclusion to the topic / poll, except that it was voted only by 13 people? :)

Introduction

Guys, now seriously, we should decide about the guild.

It will be a very long post so please forgive me in advance.

Lodge in the form initially planned by Gelmir (average to big in terms of members and activity, raids, pvp etc.) is slowly dying.

If you read the discussions we had 1 month ago with "raid guidelines" and such now they sound funny :) What raids?

Yesterday evening we were only 4 people online out of 118.

OK, maybe an exception, there are usually 8 people but still, you get the idea.

A lot of them had obviously un-subbed or play very rare.

This is probably normal but we didn't recruit since long time ago to replace them.

With 8 people online, we can't do even a dungeon, forget about raiding or trials or pvp.

I am NOT complaining or criticizing anyone, just pure facts.

I fully understand that some people are bored with ESO and I do not comment on their tastes.

I am not discussing the reasons for this situation but only our future.

On a side note, since I finished all solo content on my main character and I can't play Craglorn because it is group content

and if you say on zone chat LFG quest / dungeon X you will find noone because they are all busy farming XP, I have applied to a EP guild.

It's a multi-gaming guild since 2007 with branches in ESO and Wildstar at least (and previously in GW2, SWTOR etc).

I'll write their organization just as an example.

First shock: it was not enough to say "invite me please", not even to make a forum account, but I had to fill a questionnaire, answer questions etc before being accepted. On a trial basis, for 1 month.

Second shock: they organize 3 (three) PVE events/week: 1 for farming XP, 1 for dungeons and 1 for Trials and 2 PVP events / week and also random events like hide & seek games with prizes in motives and gold. So in total, 5 events/week minimum and 2 free days (Friday and Saturday).

Third shock: they are usually around 50-60 people online in the evening (out of 180). And still heavily recruiting to replace lost members due to un-subbing or left for Wildstar.

Fourth shock: TS is mandatory during events, even without microphone. You may ask why?

Let's say I tried only once to play with my friends and a stranger a veteran dungeon, the easiest (Banished Cells). We were completely destroid. It's true that the 4th guy was playing DPS

with 1 sword+shield which is obviously wrong but I'll not blame him for our defeat. I'll blame it on our lack of tactics.

In this new guild, I participated only once to an event: veteran 10 dungeon of Wayrest Sewers. The guy coordinating us told on TS at every step and every boss what we should do.

Believe me or not, I didn't die at all. At all. Felt very easy. Even asked them on TS "is this really a veteran 10 group dungeon?"

They are consistently playing trials inside guild and group-pvp with scrolls, keeps etc.

2 of their members are in campaign's top 10 players.

As I said, I'll probably just do Craglorn dungeons with them from time to time and not involve socially because they are too many and it's tiring but just gave an example how it is organized a big guild.

We (Lodge) obviously are far from that (at least in recent times).

Summary

In my opinion we have 2 options:

1) if we stick to Gelmir's initial plan (an average to big guild, with raids, pvp etc.) we should replace or add officers and start recruting now. Not now but yesterday.

Especially in Craglorn because most veterans are there.

2) don't recruit (or very selective), kick inactives after 60 days and in few weeks Lodge would become a small, social/casual guild. Which could be not bad at all.

Few friends doing together dungeons, RP events etc.

I levelled AD Serana to 30 last night so I hope in 1 week maximum to catch Nuin and Flavia.

Eventually, keep in touch, and if we get bored (in the future) of ESO we could discuss and move on as a group to another MMO and so on.

If you ask me...I'll say from social point of view at least that I would prefer option 2. Still enough people for having fun in RP or dungeons and dont care about trials.

I don't feel I'm in the mood right now to socialize with 180 people, it's too tiring.

I have discussed with Gelmir a little bit on chat about the above but maybe it's time to discuss / decide together.

Since part of most active members on forum (Flavia, Tyron and others) do not (yet) have access to officers area, I'll post in "General discussions".

Sorry again for this long post.

Any thoughts?

• Upvote 1

Well I'm getting the same feeling Serana and have myself applied to a RP guild... I feel so bad about it though :/ like abandoning a (sinking?) ship.

I thought I would stay in Lodge still, but I need more, because I realized just how fun RP is after tuesday night and I wanted more of that! It's a little bit like a drug O.o

I'm still planning on continuing the Sargasso story though :) and I will continue writing things for RP or arranging things for Lodge if people are interested!

I think Lodge has potential as both RP and PvE guild, but not if we are 5-10 people on forums and same amount online in the game at night.

Right now for me Lodge is a place where I meet with these few people I've come to know through game and forums, and you know who you are.

I will miss you loads if you leave (so please don't O.o).

What you describe Serana, in your meeting with the new guild, is how a semi-hardcore PvE guild works.

It's not a shock to me to hear :)

It's how I'm sure Gelmir planned to run Lodge aswell. It's how it was run back in Rift more or less and we had much fun.

I think it's fine you join them and have fun playing with them.

Since we don't do neither PvE nor PvP I understand people want to join other guilds to get this experience from the game.

In this aspect I love how you can be a member of more than one guild :)

This sounds like I'm giving up on Lodge, but I'm really not.

I want to stay and see great things happening, but as you say then we need PvP and PvE officers and we need to start recruiting now!

I've always thought an applying system would be nice for any guild, because the one applying also gets a feeling for the guild and whether she belongs in it. And the guild can inform some "rules" before people even join.

Also it gives the guild a way to tell who they are and what they are about, in an easy non-text-heavy manner.

Trial period is also no bad thing, because you need to build trust. (Along with sharing everything: you know my take on how guilds would work in a perfect world ;) )

Gelmir, we need you!

Where are you and what are you doing?

It would be really nice to hear your thoughts on the matter?

Again: this is not me giving up, but we need to talk about this and find a way for Lodge.

• Upvote 1

We are mostly casual players and we have different priorities in game and real life. We play not to achieve maximum level, dominate and tare everybody apart. We pick flowers, role-play and simply enjoy the game in friendly relaxing environment. For trials and all sort of group events we need far more dedicated players. You can't demand it and push people, if they don't really want it.  

• Upvote 2

Well, Serana, its not a shock for me either :)

Been there, done that. Been here, done that too.

And tbh, ESO in that regard, with its "5 guilds " is absolutely marvelous, imho.

Let me explain...

In TOR, I was part of a RP guild. It was small, disorganised and people were there to RP casually. Problem 1, the RP got somewhat lost, with just a couple members doing some RP sessions. Problem two, at some point, some members (incl. me) wanted to see the game's hlvl PVE content. We tried within the guild but it was disastrous. In the end, dispute happened, some people (incl me) left, and even though we keep contact and are still having fun "its no longer the same". I joined a bigger guild. Nice people, but really PVE oriented (RP? whats that?). Did a couple hlvl dungeons with them and even though I was undergeared and underskilled, it was all in good fun (I was very lucky... most big PVE guilds would have thrown me out asap ^^). But I was missing what I liked the most, RPing casually with friends :) End result, I'm not really enjoying TOR anymore... Dungeons are fun, but I'd do 1 maybe 2 a week, tops. Doing the same over and over again, bleh... RP died with the departure of some of the most motivated players in that aspect. And my old guild is well... its endlessly dying... It's still there, but most of the time its 2-3 people and thats it.

In ESO, you can do both provided you find guilds suiting your tastes. Be in a PVE oriented guild to raid, a RP guild to rp, a social guild to have a laugh, and trade guilds to make orens :P

Tbh, I joined the Lodge as it was supposed to be a casual RP guild. RP fun without those crazy maniacs burning you at the stake because "You harvest wood? But you're a Bosmer! DIE HERETIC!" :) I do hope it picks up (even though I must say I have seen very little RP in teso :( huge disappointment for that matter) but so far cant really say RP is a big topic in the guild ^^ To the point I'm thinking of looking up a RP guild that's more into it.

So I have to agree... The guild needs a direction. Or at least a dominant aspect. May it be PVP, PVE, RP.

Because there are tons of guilds. Everyday, new ones spawn and they're all the same... The game isnt mature yet, the community is shifting a lot still. And most will disappear because they have no appeal. You have dozens of "Nice guild, PVE, PVP, Trade. Help, fun and mature. blablabla".

If the guild is to survive, it needs something that makes it like no other.

• Upvote 1

As Nuin said, it was the same with Lodge in Rift as well back in the day. ESO didn't really live up to the hype - though I was kinda very sure it will, because of its strong lore and history as a franchise. So the result is, me, the head of the "organism" got bored of this game pretty quick once I hit VR. I play games for a reason - mostly to enjoy the content. We all know ESO lacks in that department, regardless how much we might love the franchise.

So, as Serana briefly outlined, the guild should be revived immediately, or it will die utterly. I will be honest, I will come online quite rarely: I play more Assassin's Creed Black Flag, than I do ESO - and believe me, I don't play AC everyday. As Flavia outlined, priorities change from person to person, and especially from age to age: I think I need strong game to convince me. 3-5 days ago I requested The Secret World MMO trial key from Funcom, and I tried the game - having much worse graphics, gameplay and lore appeared more attractive to me (not that I am gonig to play it :) ). Right now, I am rather focused in real-life, and in gaming side of things, for this year, I am waiting for Archeage, with close-to-zero hopes (I am done with hype dammit :) ). You will laugh at me, but I like SWTOR more than ESO right now, and SWTOR - man, I cursed that game almost every day I played it.

Long story short: I recommend those who want to continue Lodge in ESO, to do so. Technically we got everything a guild would need, from technical perspective. And we got templates for group events as well - as in guidelines for raids etc. I almost everyday check forums, and since TS server is on my server, it's under monitoring tool: it is restarted everytime something wrong happens and it's shut down somehow. If you guys feel for it, I can provide with all support, and come online from time to time.

I apologize for the situation folks: I really was greatly hyped about the game, even invited some friends over, from Rift. But at this current state, chasing after handful of PvE content doesn't look like a good long-term plan for a healthy guild to me, a guild which I would like to grow for years to come. If ZOS introduces better content in recent future, I will return, as I am avid MMO content-consumer, but not before. Again, I will be online few times a week, maybe everyday, but not to play the game in long hours. So I ain't abandoning it, but I can't promise you what I can't deliver: I can't work on the guild when I see no light at the end of the tunnel :)

• Upvote 1

Gelmir, I expected such answer. A lot of people have the same feelings about the game.

So, what should we do? I think we need to review our priorities and try to invite new wave of people. Lets be honest, we are not heavy-crafters or raiders, we are not pvp or endgame-oriented guild. We are casual pve/rp/social guild. I suggest to advertise the guild under such banner. Yes, we can do sometimes pvp, do some dungs, but I feel that most of us come to enjoy some social factor and casual gameplay. Level of the players really doesn't matter. We have all kind of players from 20 to vr12.

To answer your PM question, Gelmir, I can help with the recruitment. I think, Serana will agree to do the same.

• Upvote 1

Definitely yes. Just that it would be probably pointless to do it with my main in VR12 zone because of different faction so I will do it with my alt in level 30 zone.

Also, it's obvious from my initial post that I feel the same as Flavia (which you know it happens rarely :P ) about casual/pve/rp/social.

I am not casual but I'm definitely not competitive either, I hate stress in games, play only for fun and relaxation.

And social aspect is the most important for me in ESO.

While I may ocassionally do dungeons (for achievements / completionism purposes mainly) with other non-Lodge people, my heart is still here and I hope we'll keep in touch, play together as often as possible and be a fun group even if we are not Emperors in pvp or top leaderboards in pve :)

• Upvote 1

There are still a lot of players, but recruitment is very hard. Most of players found some niche and number of newcomers is very low.

An outstanding example of the REMARKABLE idea, amateurly executed. I am more sad than I was for SWTOR, at least SWTOR leveling isn't boring - the endgame sucks though.

That's mainly because TES fans such as myself wanted to play a Skyrim-like game co-op in 2-4 people. Guess what? In ESO this is not possible or not easy enough.

And MMO fans such as yourself wanted to play...well, a MMO, with end-game and raids. Guess what? You should spend hundreds of hours of levelling till end-game and then...there is no end-game :)

We all ended up playing solo.

If they made grouping easier (without phasing), put veteran levels as optional end-game content, allow levelling by other means than questing (dungeons, pvp), it would have been another game.

The bugs, imbalances and boring & immersion-breaking veteran levelling is on top of that.

I still like the game but I admit it could have been way better.

• Upvote 1

It feels a little bit like ESO sat between all the chairs... or we don't understand what they want the game to be, but that is not knowing your interest group, so that's like sitting in a basement with the lights off... 

Yeah :( Well, at least as a gamer, I witnessed a new kind of hype - which actually is a very bad experience: I don't know how I will trust these MMOs from now on. Man, CDProjectRed really needs to release Witcher 3 asap! 

Just until recently, I was playing Assassin's Creed 4. Guess what happened: I had to reinstall Windows, and just because Ubisoft keeps AC savegames and settings in different folders, I thought the folder in My Documents was the savegames folder. Put at least 50 hrs into the game, and now, all saves are lost. I just uninstalled the game and cursed Ubisoft to my heart's content :(

These days, for some reason, I am quite heart-broken against computer games!

Let's look at the bright side! I haven't receive a spam e-mail in-game since don't remember when and also didn't see gold spammers on chat lately.

Now, I can't really tell if this is due to Zeni doing something against them or maybe the bots left the sinking ship already because they couldn't find anymore players buyers? :P

They're back in SWTOR... I swear, I havent nearly seen one in months and now they're crawling all over the place :s

SWTOR has that power, pulling players back into the game. Maybe it's because of being a Star Wars franchise or something else. For me, after I watched Star Wars Clone Wars animated series, I fell in love with franchise and its lore. Went ahead, watched all movies once again and started the game as well. But, only those who have played it, know how boring and nerving that game can become pretty quick.

So the only choice for now lies with Guild Wars 2. It has more vibrant world than Rift does, but of course with less PvE endgame options. PvP there is the original version of that in ESO - ESO actually copied tons of PvP features from GW2, including castles, sieges etc.

Do you read minds, Gelmir? :)

Just few hours ago, I have decided to play GW2 together with a RL friend of mine. He tried ESO, was even a Lodge member but didn't like it, mainly because the phasing system of quests does not allow for easy co-op and quitted ESO long time ago.

Since we would still like to play something together from time to time, I remembered that I tried GW2 some time ago and liked it, except that I wasn't prepared at that time to play a MMO in 3rd person. Now I am since I also play ESO in 3rd person.

And since he loves GW2, we decided to play it together from level 1. Not daily because ESO WILL STILL BE MY MAIN GAME (and he also plays Arma 3 and some other military games) but still, as often as we can. We have a lot of time for gaming.

I also have other friends playing GW2 but it's pointless to play with them because they are die-hard fans, already owning 6 characters levelled to 80 or something :)

Edited by Serana

Well, we have pretty good leveled Lodge guild there as well :) Let me switch to Windows and check the game. I will let you know what server it is located on :)

Piken Square. I don't imagine you are in there, right?  :)

i deleted my level 7 character so i don't care on which server i create a level 1 now.

It's ok Piken Square, I'll create there :)

I am "Shehi.9753" there. Find me :P Or find "Anluryn.3468"

much to my surprise, I cannot play GW2 for longer than 1 hour because my laptop gets hot and turns off automatically :)

Well, it's 6 months old so I suppose it's normal, probably full of dust, I took it with me today to go to a service to be cleaned.

The fact that I live in the middle of a metro construction site is not helping it either.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.