Sign in to follow this  
Sal Van'is

My first attempt at a background story evar please be gentle.

Very nice! I like that you've put some thought into why a Dunmer would be fighting on the Dominion side, and also that you've created a persona with obvious character flaws. Most people tend to forget that, and end up creating "Sir Pectoral", the perfect individual, who never makes mistakes or creates conflict. Which is unfortunate, because RP'ers are essentially interactive storytellers, and conflict is what storytellers feed on.

If you want any constructive criticism, I'd only suggest that you avoid placing your persona too near the main quests/story of the game - at least if you plan on roleplaying with him. It's a bit of an unspoken rule in online RP; basically you can't have ten different people all claiming to be the Vestige. Then again, since this is Elder Scrolls I guess you can technically get away with it by invoking the Dragon Break... :P

Thanks, it was very important to me that I :

1. Could play a dunmer because I absolutely love the race
  2. Could explain why he/she would be part of the Aldmeri Dominion

I enjoy reading stories about people with flaws and how despite their flaws can overcome obstacles and do what is "right". Raistlin Majere for example.

“Shuddering Tanis stepped back. Raistlin gave the drawstring on the top of the bag a quick jerk, snapping it shut. Then, glancing at them distrustfully, he slipped the bag within his robes, secreting it in one of his numerous hidden pockets, and begun to turn away. But Tanis stopped him.
"Things can never again be the same between us, can they?" the half-elf asked quietly.
Raistlin looked at him for a moment, and Tanis saw a brief flicker of regret in the young mage's eyes, a longing for trust and friendship and return to the days of youth.
"No," Raistlin whispered. "But such was the price I paid.†

Everyone has their own agenda some are just more subtle about letting you in on the plan. ;D

Anyway Sal is a flawed Mer (aren't we all?) and even I don't know what kind of Mer Sal will be at the end of his journey.

*Possible Spoilers*

Sometimes, like in Grahtwood, he shows mercy and helps the downtrodden displaced Argonians. Other times he exacts revenge based on topics he would only know about through reading and rumor, those Bosmer who betrayed the Green Pact for example. I thought long and hard about this quest last night, why would a dunmer give two flying rats corpses about Bosmer and the Green Pact? It was pretty difficult to make a decision that would stay in character. In the end I based my decisions on the grounds why the 3 Bosmer did what they did and acted accordingly.

Edited by Sal Van'is

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.